• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DISCONTINUED] MegaTron 6.2.5

I have a sprint device.
Sprint also, thank you chevanlol360 and company, enjoying the ROM...quick question on the kernel, I have applied the H4 Beta 7, is this ok or should I go back to the 2.2, seems to be working with the exception of a "dirty shutdown, unable to apply settings" message I get when powering up. It is related to the gov settings which actually do stay.

Upvote 0
Sprint also, thank you chevanlol360 and company, enjoying the ROM...quick question on the kernel, I have applied the H4 Beta 7, is this ok or should I go back to the 2.2, seems to be working with the exception of a "dirty shutdown, unable to apply settings" message I get when powering up. It is related to the gov settings which actually do stay.

If its stable it enough for you why not:)

I went ahead and pulled the trigger and install this ROM just now. It was a very quick process.

What are others using to restore apps and settings? I am trying MyBackup Root, which seems to work well, but it wants something called Busybox to be updated. Will that impact my ROM?

yeah go ahead and update it, you can also use titanium backup

Reactions: kricker
Upvote 0
This maybe a stupid question as this is the first custom ROM I've used, but how do I get back some of the apps that seem to be missing such as:
Google Maps *fixed
Navigation *fixed
Camera (not a big fan of the ICS camera)
Gallery (also not a fan of ICS gallery. The Gallery I had showed my online albums, I need that)
Clock​

Upvote 0
This maybe a stupid question as this is the first custom ROM I've used, but how do I get back some of the apps that seem to be missing such as:
Google Maps
Navigation
Camera (not a big fan of the ICS camera)
Gallery (also not a fan of ICS gallery)
Clock​

Google maps and navigation you can just get from the play store, not sure bout the others.

Just thought of it, but a thing you could try is getting titanium backup as said earlier, or another app backup program, flashing a stock rom, backup the apps that you want to keep on Megatron, and then restoring them once you flash megatron.

Upvote 0
Just flashed this rom. Holy hell it is smooth. Thanks guys for all the hard work and testing to make sure there were no hang ups (for boost at least)

I've never really seen much about megaton until now. Never had a device that used it. So let me say from someone seeing this rom for the first time bravo. I can put off getting a new phone a little while longer now. I've never seen it move this fast.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
ROM Updated to 6.1.1, most of you have gotten the OTA update notification already. It fixes all Bugs for Sprint users and Adding More features to the ROM such as Onandroid support.

1. For all sprint users you MUST read the 3rd post under the OP in order to get Mms and Sms up and working again.

2. Onandroid Support is an online backup system created by ameer1234567890. I have edited this feature to work with the Marquee, Follow the steps in the 3rd post after the OP to see how to activate this feature and watch as you'll never miss an important call again while backing up your device. catch ya'll later:smokingsomb:

Big Thanks to
Wetbiker7, shenz96, & tombob for testing the bug fixes

Upvote 0
Yeah, thanks, I had just found it and amended my above post.

Only thing left now is to get my old camera, gallery and back. I tried flashing some .zips for JB ports of those for ICS/GB, but had no luck. I guess I should just hunt down the stock GB versions of those.

Updating manually after disabling verification did appear to work. Back to resetting everything up again! :)

I've got the camera and gallery apks but it's going good to be a minute before I can post them. Also had you tried Quick pic? It's what I use. The UI is very easy to use and understand.

Upvote 0
I've got the camera and gallery apks but it's going good to be a minute before I can post them. Also had you tried Quick pic? It's what I use. The UI is very easy to use and understand.

im uploading a removed.apks zip right now

EDIT:
Check post number #3 under the OP to get back removed apk's

Upvote 0
I can wait. I got a lot of re-setup to do now anyhow :) I'll try Quick Pic in the meantime. Do you have the Clock apk as well by chance? It was basic I know, but easy enough for my 6 year old to use.

Wow you guys are all over it thanks for the support!

Desk clock is not compatible with the ROM right now, will be fixed in a future update when i have time to figure it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones