1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[DISCONTINUED][ROM][5.1.1][MS345] Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 for LG Leon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MikeHoncho, Jul 12, 2015.

1. David E

David E Newbie

Is it Rooted yet?

2. jplsteel

jplsteel Android Enthusiast

Go to settings, about phone and tap build number repeatedly until developer options is created.

3. denocasman

denocasman Lurker

I'VE SEEN THE DEVELOPER OPTIONS!! just want to know how to fix "secure booting error"

and There is no option to unlock OEM

The phone is rooted

obviously :p

4. pezman726

pezman726 Member

I'm pretty sure there is a setting in the developer options to disable that...and it is a pretty obvious name!!!

5. Noobified

Noobified Android Enthusiast

Only T-Mobile and MetroPCS variants. If you have one of those, the option should be there.

6. denocasman

denocasman Lurker

if not T Mobile or MetroPCS, there is no way to install the ROM?

#1056 denocasman, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  7. Noobified

Unfortunately, that means your bootloader is locked hint the secure boot error. LG no longer ships unlocked bootloader it's requested per carrier.

8. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

If you don't mind my asking why are you trying to unlock the bootloader so bad? I should have read more of you're posting. Do you not have a MetroPCS Leon? And are you trying to get recovery?

9. denocasman

denocasman Lurker

I live in Brazil , dont know if my Leon is MetroPCS or not. I think its not.. I just bought here in Brazil , and now I'm trying to install this rom. I cant start recovery because of secure booting error​

10. ninjasinabag

ninjasinabag Android Enthusiast

Well since I have no idea how to quote you, denocasman. I'll just break it down, your phone isn't compatible with either the ROM or the recovery. You don't have 5.1 on your device yet, so no option to unlock bootloader.
    Stop while you're ahead before you brick your phone.

11. Jack Mickey

Jack Mickey Well-Known Member

@denocasman I went from the Leon to the Stylo. This is the OEM Unlock button in the developer settings menu. If you do not have metropcs or tmobile, this rom and recovery will not work for you. If your phone is bricked, there is a tool and kdz file you can download and use on your pc to restore your phone to stock. Give me a bit and ill post the link for you.

Attached Files:

The-Truth likes this.
  12. David E

David E Newbie

I'm guessing there still isn't anything working for the LG RISIO....I have Root but thats it so far.

13. MadDeveloper

MadDeveloper Member

Same, I want a custom recovery, I might make a custom Rom when a recovery comes out, I would like to know if anyone is even working on it, I would try to make a custom recovery but as I have no money nor experience making recoveries
    I cannot, it doesn't help I'm on a crappy Google Chromebook.

aurey2244 likes this.
  14. Noobified

It's not that the recovery is incompatible, the bootloader is locked on every single Leon variant besides T-Mobile/MetroPCS .

Jack Mickey likes this.
  15. David E

David E Newbie

My Risio says its Bootloader is unlocked but I still can't make a recovery work...I've tried all of them....

16. Noobified

Do you get a secure boot error ? That means your bootloader is locked.

17. David E

David E Newbie

Yeah...Thats what I get on boot...so how can that be fixed?

18. JJ95123

JJ95123 Lurker

Newest one is 9/06? I am assuming? I am about to flash 9/05, was using like 7/14, when battery issues were going on, will update after flash.

19. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

The Leon I had came running 5.0.2 & KingRoot..... & an older version at that rooted er ok. Hmmmmmm I wonder who you're service provider is?

20. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

Ya I feel ya bro. & ya I'm not on a dev's level of know how either. & its not gonna be easy to just build a custom recovery nore ROMs & such without knowing where to even start really believe that my friend. But ya good luck & I'm not doubting you're capabilitys with android and developing. But its not like one can just start building away without the "know how" I'm all for you're learning how of course. Buuuuuuuuuut, its not jus somthin you can just learn and get done overnight my man. I'm all for you're figuring out how & getting er done though. Good luck!!!

MadDeveloper likes this.
  21. The-Truth

The-Truth Android Expert

Every android I've ever owned bootloader has been locked. But with root an apk like Flashify and/or rashr will flash a recovery IMG For a rooted device if a recovery img has been built for it. Flashify even has Loki.

#1071 The-Truth, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  22. AleHC98

AleHC98 Lurker

How I know my bootloader version? I don't know if it is actually 10b, or it doesn't matter?

23. keintabak

keintabak Lurker

In Post#596, "emowing" asked, "Does VOLTE work with this rom?"

I have searched high and low and haven't seen that question answered. So, could someone with experience tell us, please? VoLTE / Wifi Calling / HD Calling / Native SIP... wtf you choose to call it, it's an important IMS Service that works well in stock. Anyone?

24. keintabak

keintabak Lurker

I found out that none of the AOSP roms (nor any of the 12.x cyanogenmod roms) have VoLTE nor wifi calling. So, none of them will have it. They are toying with the idea of having in the 13.xxx version cyanogenmod roms, but who knows the future.

cyanidekid likes this.
  25. cyanidekid

cyanidekid Android Enthusiast

I'm really loving the 2015906 version. GPS works pretty well. Well enough for Ingress ;-) Any chance of update or cm13? Would love to see both. I'm on H version ms345. I'm willing to test anything. I have lg flashtool etc. Thanks again.

LG Leon Forum

The LG Leon release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 1900mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews