• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DISCONTINUED] SimplicityXL {Updated 5/17/14}

check your pm, and it doesnt matter. as long as your on zv5 when you install the rom it will replace your current kernel with the kernel that the rom comes with.

hey i have a problem trying to update my software to the ZV5 every time I try to update the software it crashes during the installation and after the phone reboot is the same version I did a factory reset and nothing IDN whats going on :( and now my gallery crashes too and gps dont work :( can you hel me with this problem?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
Any chance of this restoring the tethering ability that the zv5 update broke?

nope.

hey i have a problem trying to update my software to the ZV5 every time I try to update the software it crashes during the installation and after the phone reboot is the same version I did a factory reset and nothing IDN whats going on :( and now my gallery crashes too and gps dont work :( can you hel me with this problem?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Were you rooted? Use the flash tool to get back to stock. You probably edited something under /system. Well not probably, definitely or else it wouldn't have failed.

Reactions: surgat666
Upvote 0
hey where did you get the flash tool and all the files to do the flash, i been looking arroud to do this on my phone and have no luck can you helo me please?

There's a thread by sammyz that says unbrick your LG Optimus F7. Follow the instructions there.
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=747821 Unbrick/Unroot LG Optimus F7 (Boost Mobile)

Upvote 0
I'll also donate :) chev helped me unbrick my F7

Now I'm Updated to ZV5
rooted with SuperSU Pro
flashed with Freedom Kernel Lite
and running CWM v6.0.4.4 Recovery

Im ready to test roms or whatever you need bro.
Im pretty good at unbricking this device, lol!

Haha thanks good to see that your up and running again.

Upvote 0
So am I!! im a field technician installing and modifying fire alarms, security alarms and video survailence systems. i use several program apps and store hard2get pdf files for reference... and i could never forget GOOGLE SEARCH! (or YOUtube)
most important i need my phone so my son can call me when he needs me :)

A lot of the crazy thingz i do on my phone require root and good backup & recovery.

Reactions: chevanlol360
Upvote 0
]
Features:
■ Based off ZV5
■ Added Nova Launcher
■ Added AOSP Camera
■ Added Universal Init.d
■ Added AOSP Email
■ Added ROM OTA Support
■ Added Google Boot Animation
■ Deodexed
■ Enabled AOSP Lockscreen
■ Enabled CRT Effect
■ Enable or Disable Qslide
■ Enabled Quick Memo Hotkey Customizing
■ Enabled LED Light on with Screen
■ Enabled Intrusive Notification Led
■ Enabled Toogle Screen Timeout
■ Enabled In Call Noise Suppression
■ Enabled Fast Booting
■ Removed 400+ MB worth of apps
■ Removed Carrier label
■ KitKat Theme Available
■ Holds the record for the amount of Simplicity you can find on this phone
■ More That I Cant Remember

Would anyone be so kind as to define what each of these are in small detail? I know I'm most likely not the only one that doesn't know what AOSP, CRT (is that like... CRT monitor?), universal init.d, and deodexing is. :p

I would greatly appreciate it.. Not sure what an AOSP lockscreen would do, compared to ours. Lol.

Edit: Also, would this ROM come equipped with personalized/interchangeable themes, like Cyanogenmod has? (Besides the Nova themes)
I'm not too savvy on details when it comes to ROMs... I just love flashing new ones that are much simpler in a sense, and less bloated than stock.

Upvote 0
Would anyone be so kind as to define what each of these are in small detail? I know I'm most likely not the only one that doesn't know what AOSP, CRT (is that like... CRT monitor?), universal init.d, and deodexing is. :p

I would greatly appreciate it.. Not sure what an AOSP lockscreen would do, compared to ours. Lol.

Edit: Also, would this ROM come equipped with personalized/interchangeable themes, like Cyanogenmod has? (Besides the Nova themes)
I'm not too savvy on details when it comes to ROMs... I just love flashing new ones that are much simpler in a sense, and less bloated than stock.

AOSP aka Android Open Source Project means pure android, so for example since this rom has a AOSP lockscreen it will have pure stock android 4.1.2 lockscreen as you can see in the screenshot. Deodexed makes thing easier to theme for the system. CRT effect is the old television turn off animation "you'll see it a few times when you lock your device". Intrusive Notification Led allows app to take control of the LED notification light. & i think the rest on the list are self explanatory;)

No it will not come pre-installed with a theme engine but one of my testers has successfully Changed the theme using a app that works with xpossed and xpossed comes pre-installed.

Upvote 0
AOSP aka Android Open Source Project means pure android, so for example since this rom has a AOSP lockscreen it will have pure stock android 4.1.2 lockscreen as you can see in the screenshot. Deodexed makes thing easier to theme for the system. CRT effect is the old television turn off animation "you'll see it a few times when you lock your device". Intrusive Notification Led allows app to take control of the LED notification light. & i think the rest on the list are self explanatory;)

No it will not come pre-installed with a theme engine but one of my testers has successfully Changed the theme using a app that works with xpossed and xpossed comes pre-installed.

"Have I told you lately, that 'I love you', have I told you lately..."
No, but no homo. I can't wait for this to be released. I'm like, insanely excited. Lmao.
Will we be able to update PRL and such through settings? Back on the ZTE Force, CM10 wouldn't allow you to use System Updates.
Also, does the lockscreen allow notifications to show? Like, how some lock screens give you preview pop up bubbles for messages and calls and such.

Edit: by "intrusive Notification", do you mean an annoying persistent notification to switch LED Light on/off? Lol.

Upvote 0
"Have I told you lately, that 'I love you', have I told you lately..."
No, but no homo. I can't wait for this to be released. I'm like, insanely excited. Lmao.
Will we be able to update PRL and such through settings? Back on the ZTE Force, CM10 wouldn't allow you to use System Updates.
Also, does the lockscreen allow notifications to show? Like, how some lock screens give you preview pop up bubbles for messages and calls and such.

Edit: by "intrusive Notification", do you mean an annoying persistent notification to switch LED Light on/off? Lol.

Yes you will be about to do prl and profile updates. No the lockscreen doesnt allow it unless you tell the app to unlock the screen. No it only allows more apps to take advantage of the led light.

Upvote 0
Yes you will be about to do prl and profile updates. No the lockscreen doesnt allow it unless you tell the app to unlock the screen. No it only allows more apps to take advantage of the led light.

Oh, I mean notifications, like how the iPhone has notifications on the lockscreen, that you can view on your lockscreen, like how Facebook Home was, too.

And oh, I see... So we will have built in flash notifications (without a third party app) you think, or no such luck at this current time?

Edit:
Change log data
Code:
[B][SIZE="3"][U]1/27/14 Version 1.0.0[/U][/SIZE][/B]
[B]■ Initial Release[/B]

Is that the definite date, that tomorrow you will be releasing it? :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones