• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED} SimplicityXL V3.0.0 {RELEASED 10/29/14}

Miguellj2896, This is what I did to get my phone back up to the state I was in before I tried to install simplicity.

Go here for unbrick instructions: http://androidforums.com/l70-all-things-root/864922-unbrick-twogbsds-simple-unbrick-guide.html

Then you have to re-unlock your bootloader again, go here post 790: USA Metro PCS LG L70 - Pg. 79 | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Then install CWM for recovery post 891: USA Metro PCS LG L70 - Pg. 90 | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Here is link to all in one post 1762: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2773123&page=177

Once your up and running with download the app Rebooter (PlayfulGod) and choose reboot to recovery. From the CWM you can then restore your backup you created before attempting to install simplicity like me. Hope this helps you.

Reactions: jplsteel
Upvote 0
For those who had trouble installing Simplicity, I followed these steps and everything installed the first time:

1) Boot straight to CWM
2) Click on the location in which your ROM is located
3) Press install
4) Go through the AROMA installer and uncheck the reboot option before you click next.
5) As Aroma takes you back to CWM, wipe the data, cache, and dalvik-cache in that order.
6) Reboot!

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
For those who had trouble installing Simplicity, I followed these steps and everything installed the first time:

1) Boot straight to CWM
2) Click on the location in which your ROM is located
3) Press install
4) Go through the AROMA installer and uncheck the reboot option before you click next.
5) As Aroma takes you back to CWM, wipe the data, cache, and dalvik-cache in that order.
6) Reboot!

I hope this helps.

I did exactly this, had no problems. I forgot to wipe Dalvik cache lol.I'm trying to get the multi window going here.

Upvote 0
I saw one small issue. The Awesome Beats crashes when I play audio.

Attachments

• 1414667044978.jpg
    1414667044978.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0
I cannot get MultiWindow to work at all... It shows up for a milisecond and then gone. No matter how long I hold it... Help please

Hold back until you feel the phone vibrate for a tiny bit then immediately take your thumb off the back key.

Or soon as you back key, count to 1 then release your thumb.

Reactions: crutchcorn
Upvote 0
After restoring from backup, I seem to have lost all of the roms functionality. Everything looks as it did before installing the rom. Before rebooting to recovery and installing my backup, EVERYTHING looked G3. I understand that I restored my Nova Settings... But the Download Speed display in the status bar is missing since restore... And though this rom is deodexed, theming status bar icons fails to work.

Any ideas?

::EDIT::

Figured out a couple of things had to be reinstalled via Xposed Framework...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones