• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

discounted maxx for the patient ones...

Oddly, the price has gone up on Amazon (as it did earlier on Wirefly) by $50 to $249 on-contract. Perhaps Verizon was unhappy to see such a large price differential between the Verizon Store and third-party sellers?

Thankfully the price on my earlier order hasn't changed. I'm suddenly very glad that I let my impulses get the best of me last week.

Upvote 0
It's actually still possible to get the device for $200 after rebate. If you sign a 2-yr agreement through Verizon at Comcast, then they'll sell you the phone for $299 and give you a $100 Visa gift card. You don't need to be a Comcast or Xfinity customer to qualify.

http://www.comcast.com/wireless.html

If you are an Xfinity customer, you can do even better by electing to receive $10 off your Xfinity bill every month for 12 months instead of the $100 gift card. That will come out to a total of $120. So you'll effectively be buying the phone for $180.

Upvote 0
It's actually still possible to get the device for $200 after rebate. If you sign a 2-yr agreement through Verizon at Comcast, then they'll sell you the phone for $299 and give you a $100 Visa gift card. You don't need to be a Comcast or Xfinity customer to qualify.

I did this today. Maxx scheduled to ship 9/5 for delivery 9/9. Visa gift card will take 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Upvote 0
alot of verizon phones are qualifying for 30% off with promo code VERIZON30. the promo code box wasnt popping up while i was trying to order it online through verizon so i called verizon to check on it. the person i talked to said that promo code cant be used until Sept 3 which just so happens to be the day online vzw orders are supposed to ship. so assuming 3rd party orders havent shipped by then, you may be able to get almost the same price by using this promo at that time and choosing to pick it up in store.

do you happen to have any verizon link where this promo code comes from? or that mentions it in any way?

Upvote 0
Man, I really wish there was some way for me to use some of these promo codes or get these deals. I am on a corporate plan and we purchase our own phones through a custom corporate web site. There is never any chance to put a promo code or anything in. I just can't afford the $300 + tax right now but I need a new phone bad.

Upvote 0
I'm assuming that the Verizon30 code is not going to work for the Maxx? There is no place to put a coupon code online for the Maxx right now and I tried the code on the Ultra and it did not work, so would it be safe to say that tomorrow once the phone is able to ship and a coupon code is able to be "used" that the code will not work for the Maxx as well?

Upvote 0
I put an order in through Comcast with the $100 gift card offer late last night (Tuesday), and I just got an email this afternoon (Wednesday) telling me that it's shipping. The tracking number indicates that it will be here on Friday.

I can also confirm that several Comcast agents told me that I would still receive the $100 gift card even though I'm not a Comcast or Xfinity customer.

Upvote 0
I'm assuming that the Verizon30 code is not going to work for the Maxx? There is no place to put a coupon code online for the Maxx right now and I tried the code on the Ultra and it did not work, so would it be safe to say that tomorrow once the phone is able to ship and a coupon code is able to be "used" that the code will not work for the Maxx as well?

i looked online but still didnt see the promo code spot for the maxx. i didnt bother calling, i just ordered via the comcast method yesterday.

Upvote 0
I bought a broken Admiral on eBay for $7 and took it to Verizon and exchanged it for a $100 gift card. Net gain $93. My $299 Maxx is now $203. Cha Ching!

Did you do that after buying your Maxx? I got mine in the mail yesterday. Can I still go to a VZW store today and trade in an old device for the gift card even though my Maxx is already activated?

Upvote 0
It's getting harder to remain patient.
Still no ship date for my Amazon order from August 25th.
Do you mind if I ask why you're sticking with Amazon over Comcast? Comcast had my order to me in three days. When the box showed up and Amazon still didn't have a ship date, I went ahead and canceled the Amazon order.
That said, I did pay about $40 more through Comcast because they charged me sales tax and Amazon did not.

Upvote 0
1) Like you said sales tax.
2) Don't want to wait for/ use a gift card.
3) I've dealt with both Amazon and Comcast customer service. (need I say more)
4) The comcast deal is good till the end of the year, so I still may go that way if I completely lose my patience.

By the way what was your activation fee through Comcast?
Has anyone ever been able to get Verizon to way this fee?
I'm upgrading 3 phones and that equals $90.00!

Upvote 0
1) Like you said sales tax.
2) Don't want to wait for/ use a gift card.
3) I've dealt with both Amazon and Comcast customer service. (need I say more)
4) The comcast deal is good till the end of the year, so I still may go that way if I completely lose my patience.

By the way what was your activation fee through Comcast?
Has anyone ever been able to get Verizon to way this fee?
I'm upgrading 3 phones and that equals $90.00!
Ah, got it. My activation fee was the usual $35 (new line, not an upgrade). They did offer an additional $50 gift card for every line on my family's family plan that I upgraded after adding my line though, if that is interesting to you.

Upvote 0
ON the comcast deal. I ordered through the link and was redirected to verizon. I went through with the order thinking that comcast was managing it but after ordering I called comcast to confirm. The girl told me that the card was only available over the phone 888-966-7789. so I just canceled my VZ order and the girl is going to call me back to place the order and get the gift card.

Upvote 0
ON the comcast deal. I ordered through the link and was redirected to verizon. I went through with the order thinking that comcast was managing it but after ordering I called comcast to confirm. The girl told me that the card was only available over the phone 888-966-7789. so I just canceled my VZ order and the girl is going to call me back to place the order and get the gift card.

that is not accurate. pretty sure some have already received their gift card made by online orders. she was probably just trying to make a sale for herself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones