• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Discuss all Moto Droid Razr/Maxx HD rumors/release date/speculation/news

Well my wifes Droid Incredible is dead. She couldn't be without a phone, so I upgraded her to the Droid Razr Maxx. Online Upgrade price was 299.00, went instore and actually was shocked to find out that it was 199.00. Nearly upgraded my Droid X for the same. BUT.... I will continue to hold out for the Razr HD.

Was it $199, or did you have a $100 discount on your account? I have had a discount "coupon" on my account for a 4g upgrade for a few months. A price drop on the phone may indicate that something new is on the herizon. They did this with the Rezound and the Incredible 2 to reduce inventory before they bring out the new phone. I think the MAXX has only been around for a couple of months, so I have been struggling with the fact that they would release another new RAZR version so soon. My gut is that the fighter will not be released until later this year, but hopefully I am wrong.

Upvote 0
I have the same card that came through the mail. $30 for contract renewal and an extra $100 off any 4G/LTE phone.

Hopefully the HD will come soon before the offer expires in June.

Was it $199, or did you have a $100 discount on your account? I have had a discount "coupon" on my account for a 4g upgrade for a few months. A price drop on the phone may indicate that something new is on the herizon. They did this with the Rezound and the Incredible 2 to reduce inventory before they bring out the new phone. I think the MAXX has only been around for a couple of months, so I have been struggling with the fact that they would release another new RAZR version so soon. My gut is that the fighter will not be released until later this year, but hopefully I am wrong.

Upvote 0

I did not have any credit on my account. It was a basic "eligible for upgrade" status. I tried to do the upgrade for my wife online and even chatted with Verizon customer rep while doing the upgrade online, Price was 299.00. Since my wifes phone was dead and the shipping was going to be a few days, I decided i couldn't wait that long. So I attempted to call my local store. I called, they had 5 in stock. Guy held the Maxx for me. I went the next day. Did the upgrade, to my surprise.. 199.00. I didn't question why the price was different online. Didn't want to take a chance of him saying "OH, THAT IS THE WRONG PRICE, GIVE ME 299.00" I did check the receipt and everything read properly, Droid Razr Maxx = 199.00 + 30 dollar upgrade fee -31 dollar Droid Inc. trade in. (GLAD HE DIDN'T CHECK TO SEE IF IT WORKED)

Upvote 0
Typical Verizon snail mail. Had the Razar Maxx as the featured phone. The deal promotes 4G/LTE. A extra $100 off any 4G/LTE phone. On top of any renewal discount you may have.

The mailing has a pix of a Razar Maxx running ICS. I called Verizon to point this out and they confirmed the pic but said nothing to when ICS would be released. Took it to a store and they also confirmed the pix of a Maxx running ICS. Also just as clueless as to the update.

When did you get this? What did it look like?

I want one of these and wonder why I haven't seen one yet.

Upvote 0
It sure sounds like they gave you the $100 off for buying a 4G/LTE phone.

I did not have any credit on my account. It was a basic "eligible for upgrade" status. I tried to do the upgrade for my wife online and even chatted with Verizon customer rep while doing the upgrade online, Price was 299.00. Since my wifes phone was dead and the shipping was going to be a few days, I decided i couldn't wait that long. So I attempted to call my local store. I called, they had 5 in stock. Guy held the Maxx for me. I went the next day. Did the upgrade, to my surprise.. 199.00. I didn't question why the price was different online. Didn't want to take a chance of him saying "OH, THAT IS THE WRONG PRICE, GIVE ME 299.00" I did check the receipt and everything read properly, Droid Razr Maxx = 199.00 + 30 dollar upgrade fee -31 dollar Droid Inc. trade in. (GLAD HE DIDN'T CHECK TO SEE IF IT WORKED)

Upvote 0
No news today it seems. The latest rumor is a September launch I guess based on somebody who supposedly may know something's tweet or some BS. Personally, I doubt there is much validity in that.

The new GS3 looks nice. Doesn't give me an, "Oh, I gotta have it" feeling like a good HTC device would. I'm still holding out hope for Moto to come in with something great, but their time is limited. If they aren't pumping this out soon, fall is when we'll supposedly see the next round of processor/spec bumps occurring. I hope it's not a case of too little/ too late.

Upvote 0
Typical Verizon snail mail. Had the Razar Maxx as the featured phone. The deal promotes 4G/LTE. A extra $100 off any 4G/LTE phone. On top of any renewal discount you may have.

The mailing has a pix of a Razar Maxx running ICS. I called Verizon to point this out and they confirmed the pic but said nothing to when ICS would be released. Took it to a store and they also confirmed the pix of a Maxx running ICS. Also just as clueless as to the update.

I too have not come across this. is there a way you can upload a pic of it? I think If I came across this, and the fighter/rzr hd doesnt come out till after summer, I'd prolly jump on the maxx just because this Droid1 is driving me CRAZY.

Upvote 0
With the new Samsung S3 out, and ready to buy very soon. Since Verizon will be carrying the S3, i doubt they are going to release the "fighter" to compete with the S3. Not until the sales and hype have drop from the S3. Like people have said before in the post, probably looking at August/September release date.

I was waiting on the "fighter" but I'm going to get the S3. [Its time for a update from my rooted Droid X]

Upvote 0
With the new Samsung S3 out, and ready to buy very soon. Since Verizon will be carrying the S3, i doubt they are going to release the "fighter" to compete with the S3. Not until the sales and hype have drop from the S3. Like people have said before in the post, probably looking at August/September release date.

I was waiting on the "fighter" but I'm going to get the S3. [Its time for a update from my rooted Droid X]
Verizon released the Nexus, RAZR, and Rezound all within what? 2 weeks or so? One high-end release does not preclude another...especially if one if one is Droid-branded and the other (or others) is not.

Upvote 0
same, if the gs3 had a good battery id be intrigued :)

"The phone is also armed with a battery claimed to last longer than other devices"

S3 is 2200mAh
Iphone 4S 1420mAh
Droid Maxx 3300mAh

Although the "fighter/Maxx HD" might have better battery life then S3. But Samsung claims that the S3 will get the best used of the battery.

Unlike Thirdeye00, I'm still fine with my DX for awhile longer.

Dont get me wrong, i like my rooted droid X, with overclocking it benchmarks high. But im get back spots on the screen and its slowing getting bigger. :afraid:

Upvote 0
"The phone is also armed with a battery claimed to last longer than other devices"

S3 is 2200mAh
Iphone 4S 1420mAh
Droid Maxx 3300mAh

Although the "fighter/Maxx HD" might have better battery life then S3. But Samsung claims that the S3 will get the best used of the battery.

Dont get me wrong, i like my rooted droid X, with overclocking it benchmarks high. But im get back spots on the screen and its slowing getting bigger. :afraid:

My Droid X has 2 Black Spots about the size of Dimes on the bottom left and right side of the Screen. Im "LIVING" with it until i decide on S3 or Droid Razr HD. Which i think right now i prefer the Razr HD due to the battery size. Yes the S3 has some cool features but really, how many IPHONE users still use Siri? It was a fad. The one thing i liked about the S3 was the phone staying on while you looked at it. That was kinda neat

Upvote 0
The release date becomes uncertain. If the date is in Sep 2012, it is fine with me but need some confirmation from sources. Otherwise, waiting for nothing and makes disappointed. To be frank, SGS3 could not make us really exciting (at least, very negative on the design and frame material) so hopefully, Motorola could come up with practical things with SGS3's inside Hardware + USB3 + 3300 capacity Battery. For us the buying points are the radio, sensors, casing and toughness (waterproof, scratch less screen etc.) but don't mind about the high density camera and music media player.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones