• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Discuss all Moto Droid Razr/Maxx HD rumors/release date/speculation/news

It saddens me when they are releasing stuff like blue razrs instead of giving us information about phones we actually want. Thx Verizon :(
Droid Razr coming in blue? Does it even matter any more?

Im right there with you. I check everyday for news on this Phone. You see "droid Razr" in the title of the article only to given news about colors. Even sadder is the fact that they are still talking about the "Razr" and not the "Razr Maxx". I think people are done caring about the original "Razr". We want news of "New" phones! Glad to see Incredible 4G LTE making its way, but seriously doubt there are people jumping for that phone, it doesn't bring anything new to the table. I might end up with the S3 if Moto doesn't announce something soon, well if Verizon even gets the S3.

Upvote 0
The colors on the Razrs are so subtle I don't know why they bother. They need to color the front bezel and the back.

Just gimme some solid info on the Maxx HD/Droid Fighter in black and let's get on with it.

Sometimes delaying the info for to long after teasing with rumors dosn't build more hype and interest. People get discouraged by constantly being told absolutely nothing and just move on.

I was and sortof still am pretty excited about the Maxx HD/Fighter but I'm getting to the edge of that envelope. One of these days I might just say, "Ahhh, ok, what else ya got?"

I said it before and will say it again, C'mon Verizon Google/Motorola, throw us a bone!" :pound:

Upvote 0
Sometimes delaying the info for to long after teasing with rumors dosn't build more hype and interest. People get discouraged by constantly being told absolutely nothing and just move on.
+1. I'm actually about to call it quits and upgrade to the razr maxx once I see a sale on it. Having been on the first droid since the day it came out, I've put up with all its slowness and problems for far too long.

If its coming out in august/sept, im going for the maxx. If I see a sale of any kind (preferably $100+), I'm going for the maxx. "no news is good news" :stupido:yea right...

Upvote 0

It's not like Moto/Verizon is releasing these rumors or is teasing about any upcoming device (have they?). In fact they need to keep quiet on any new devices has to not hurt sales of current ones. There's no point is being frustrated, they have to do this.

It's our job to dig up what we can so we can hurt current sales so we get the lastest/greatest. :pcguru:

Upvote 0
From what I've read, none of the big players (Moto, HTC, Samsung) have press conferences scheduled. So, chances are that we won't hear any big news from CTIA.

I Have copy and pasted the following from a TechRadar piece about the CTIA Show.

While we expect to see handsets from all of the major manufacturers, there will be some rather conspicuous omissions: Sony, BlackBerry and Motorola have informed TechRadar that they will not have a presence at the show.
In a conversation recently with Sony's PR representative, Chelsea Alexander, she stated simply that "Sony Mobile Communications will not be attending CTIA this year."
Additionally, Sprint also informed TechRadar that they too wil not have a presence on the show floor.

So there you have it, :thinking:

Upvote 0
Just chatted with Verizon again, of course they have no idea. I asked "Do you have any information about the Razr HD or the Galaxy S3." Their reply "No, we do not have any information on upcoming phones, but is there a phone we currently have that peaks your interest?"

Im tired of checking everyday for news.. Come on, give us something Verizon. Anyone have a twitter account for the MOTO employee that took the pictures with the Razr HD? Be nice to see if we can get info from him, although he probably wouldn't answer cause he would lose his job.

If anybody locates any information, please share.

Upvote 0
Just gimme some solid info on the Maxx HD/Droid Fighter in black and let's get on with it.

I was and sortof still am pretty excited about the Maxx HD/Fighter but I'm getting to the edge of that envelope. One of these days I might just say, "Ahhh, ok, what else ya got?"

I said it before and will say it again, C'mon Verizon Google/Motorola, throw us a bone!" :pound:

Well said. I'm patiently holding onto my X as my renewal date was last month. As it looks like right now, I know the specs of the SGSIII and will be getting that if it is released on Verizon before knowing any specs on the Droid Fighter/HD.

Upvote 0
Well said. I'm patiently holding onto my X as my renewal date was last month. As it looks like right now, I know the specs of the SGSIII and will be getting that if it is released on Verizon before knowing any specs on the Droid Fighter/HD.

I'd be shocked if VZW released an SGSIII before the next big Moto device. And like previous posters intimated, as long as VZW keeps releasing a new "Color of the Month" RAZR it might be a while before we see a spec'ed up Moto. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm betting we'll see a new iPhone before the other two. And truth be told...if it has a bigger screen and LTE, I'll take a look. I'm struggling with a GNex with crappy reception and my previous and only other smartphone was a Thunderbolt. I really want to try a Moto device before I bail on Android.

Upvote 0
I'd be shocked if VZW released an SGSIII before the next big Moto device. And like previous posters intimated, as long as VZW keeps releasing a new "Color of the Month" RAZR it might be a while before we see a spec'ed up Moto. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm betting we'll see a new iPhone before the other two. And truth be told...if it has a bigger screen and LTE, I'll take a look. I'm struggling with a GNex with crappy reception and my previous and only other smartphone was a Thunderbolt. I really want to try a Moto device before I bail on Android.

I turned in my GNex, couldn't deal with the reception any longer. Got a RAZR and am very pleased with it. Am now much more patiently waiting for the next Motorola device.

Reactions: red66charger
Upvote 0
Lets see. Cut the price from $299 to $199.

Then I take my $30 for renewing a contract. The extra $100 off for buyng a 4G LTE phone and finally an additional $50 off for buying on line... That would mean my total cost would be $19 plus the $30 upgrade fee.

I'd pull that trigger.

curious but $30 off for renewing a contract??? and $50 off for buying online???

Upvote 0
curious but $30 off for renewing a contract??? and $50 off for buying online???

Yeah, I'm going to second that "what?"

I know that I have a personal $30 "upgrade discount" and a $50 "corporate discount", but when I had my 24 hour flirtation with the GNex Verizon was very clear that I could only use one or the other. Not both.

Assuming that the previously mentioned possible sale of the Maxx is true, and is applicable to existing customers as well (the fine print in the picture clearly shows that it's a new customer price) then my cost would be $200-$50 discount+$30 upgrade fee for a total of $180.

Which I still may take, as it seems that the Fighter might be an August release at this point, and I'm not willing to wait that long.

PS - It could very well be that the previous poster gets a much better discount than I do - I know that the incentives keep piling up the longer you wait to upgrade. I have a friend with a dumb phone that can basically choose anything for free because Verizon is desperate for the data plan $.

PPS - I suspect the Maxx sale will fall in line with the prices at Amazon and Wirefly - that is, $200 for new customers and $230 for existing ones. Makes the most sense to me. Of course, they've had those prices for a while now, so if we're lucky we may see another price drop from the third party sites in response.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones