• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Discussion about the sound quality of the 4G LTE

Alright so first of all, I am kind of an audiophile. I like high quality music and make sure I get the highest quality of music possible from my device. Ever since I bought my LTEvo, I have noticed that the sound quality will reduce significantly after I plug a second device into the headphone jack.

For example, I'll be driving home from work listening to music in my car. When I get home, I take my phone inside and plug it into my home stereo system to continue listening. I noticed that the same song has significantly reduced sound quality. In other words, I only get the correct, perfect sound quality for the first device that is plugged into the headphone jack. The only fix I have discovered is to reset the phone. After the reset, the sound quality is back up to top notch where it should be (until I decide to unplug the first device and plug in a second device). I know that this is a very odd issue, and I have tried switching between every music app I can think of. The reduced sound quality still exists no matter what app I use. I have even tried comparing it to my laptop's sound quality. I will select the same exact MP3 file that I have transferred on to my phone, and play them together. I can definitely hear the difference in quality... Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones