1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

DishNetwork/Sling adaptor, Motorola Droid Bionic

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by expresiva, May 8, 2012.

1. expresiva

expresiva Member
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    I just got the new Dish Hopper with the Sling adapter, and I have downloaded the DishNetwork app for Android. I can schedule recordings fine, but unless I'm hooked into a wifi network, any stream that I get live is extremely broken up - it hiccups every 1-2 seconds, so it's impossible to watch just from my 4G. In contrast, when I hook up to a live broadcast on my NHL Verizon network app, I get very nice streaming live hockey, so it seems that my 4G and phone work fine. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the DishNetwork/Android?

Advertisement

2. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    Male
    North Carolina
    It is probably your upload stream from your home network. If it isn't at least 512k, it is unwatchable. I haven't noticed any difference between 4g and wireless away from home. At home the wireless is better because it is all local.

expresiva likes this.
  3. expresiva

expresiva Member
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Thank you. That never occurred to me. We currently have DSL, and according to their website, there is an upload speed of 384 kbps. We've been considering switching to cable internet ... this may just push me over the edge in that direction. I appreciate your help.

4. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    Male
    North Carolina
    384 is not horrible, try setting the quality on the phone to standard. It defaults to high. Also, make sure of the cable modem up speed, mine topped out at 384, my DSL is 512.