• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dismal Battery Life on SII

Here's my story.

I bought my phone last Friday at approximately noon. Came with half a charge, used the phone the entire rest of the day (browsed internet, listened to music) and did not need to charge until late that night. Fast forward to today. Woke up at 9pm. Barely used the phone the entire day, like literally 1 hour total usage. By 5pm the phone was already telling me it needed to be recharged. 18% battery.

Now I know what you're thinking. The "usual suspects". Coverage in my area is decent, 3-4 bars all the time. The only thing I did on my phone today was load maybe 10 webpages and play 1 hour worth of music on Pandora. In my mind there should be no reason that the phone needed recharging. I turn off data when I'm not using it. Same with Wifi, bluetooth and everything else on the pull down menu. I use a task killer and close apps whenever I'm not using them. My brightness is low, almost to the point where I can't tell if the phone is on or off. I didn't call anybody. Didn't send or recieve any texts. It just doesn't make sense!

I think I'm going to go back to Radio Shack and see if they'll replace it or exchange it for a new one. I may be new to this whole smartphone deal, but come on. No usage and it needs recharging after 8 hours? I think I got a dud. Battery was excellent for the first day, but sucked after that.

Any advice? Any other phone I should replace it with?

Thanks,
Pickle

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones