• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disney+

ok so after having disney+ for a few weeks, my thoughts are..........meh

yeah Mandalorian is an amazing show. but you can't binge watch it like you can with netflix. it comes out every friday.......very frustrating!!!!!!!!

that is the only new series really that they have out. all of the marvel stuff will come out early in 2020. i have seen all of the marvel and star wars movies, so no need to watch them on disney+. they have new shows, but there are for the younger crowd.

they do say that there is a new scene added where both Solo and Greedo shot each other at the same time only Solo did not miss. not sure it is worth watching "A New Hope" though as much as I love the movie.

i got a 1yr subscription for free thanx to verizon, but i'm not sure it is really worth the $6.99 a month.....yet

i guess we shall see how i feel about it when my year is up.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
ok so after having disney+ for a few weeks, my thoughts are..........meh

yeah Mandalorian is an amazing show. but you can't binge watch it like you can with netflix. it comes out every friday.......very frustrating!!!!!!!!

I know right!! Netflix got us hooked on binge watching that even on regular shows I wait for a season to end before I watch it.

i have seen all of the marvel and star wars movies, so no need to watch them on disney+. they have new shows, but there are for the younger crowd.

Exactly my point about the movies. I still don't see myself getting disney+ in a year, but keep us posted!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Wait a few weeks and then binge?
they do say that there is a new scene added where both Solo and Greedo shot each other at the same time only Solo did not miss.
Not new: that is what was in the DVDs they released around the turn of the century. And it's still lame compared to the original version.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Disney say they are releasing Mandalorian weekly as they dont want people to sign up for trials or a month, watch it and cancel. Drip feeding is the (backwards) way of doing it, apparently. :p

Let's not forget most people that are still waiting for the Disney+ to release in their country will have already watched what they had a desire for... :eek: thus less subs when it does release?

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
so now with the pandemic and you can't go to the movies Disney+ has got a huge advantage of the competition....though HBO MAX just upped their game by getting all of Warner Bros 2021's upcoming movies including Wonder Woman 1984.

the Mandalorian has upped their game as well in Season 2. I mean we have been able to see some Star Wars Characters from the past. with characters such as Bo-Katan, Ahsoka, Thrawn(only in mentioning), and now Boba Fett......truly amazing season so far.

i can't wait for Marvel's series to start though i have no idea when, especially now with the pandemic raging on as it is. according to this article Wandavision will start in Jan 2021
https://collider.com/upcoming-marvel-tv-shows/

i'm also curious if anyone watched Mulan, the live action movie? i thought it was pretty good. it got a shit ton of backlash for filming in China though.....not really sure how i feel about it now.

Upvote 0
How? Tell me how. Please, please, please.
well if you clink on the link you will find that it was a verizon deal last year which is over now. it was at the time when disney+ just started. i doubt with the success of disney+ that you will find such a deal......sorry should have jumped on it when they first came out. they also similar deals as well at the time.

Upvote 0
Don't know that one, but I have occasionally watched Wanda Pictures movies, at the Wanda Cinema, in the Wanda Plaze.
Wanda Vision is part of the Marvel MCU. its a series on Wanda Maximoff aka the Scarlet Witch. it picks up right after the Avengers Endgame movie......though from the series thus far you would not know that. however, there bits and pieces being shown that suggests this. the series so far opens up like a tv sitcom in the 50's in the first episode. the second, im guessing was more like 60's. and the 3rd episode was more like the 70's.

in each episode you begin to see that something is not quite right in Wanda's world. it's a very interesting concept. there are slowly peeling the layers back revealing exactly what is really going on......but we are not there just yet.

i won't say anymore on my theories as it might be spoilers for some. check it out though.

Reactions: MrJavi and mikedt
Upvote 0
Wanda Vision is part of the Marvel MCU. its a series on Wanda Maximoff aka the Scarlet Witch. it picks up right after the Avengers Endgame movie......though from the series thus far you would not know that. however, there bits and pieces being shown that suggests this. the series so far opens up like a tv sitcom in the 50's in the first episode. the second, im guessing was more like 60's. and the 3rd episode was more like the 70's.

in each episode you begin to see that something is not quite right in Wanda's world. it's a very interesting concept. there are slowly peeling the layers back revealing exactly what is really going on......but we are not there just yet.

i won't say anymore on my theories as it might be spoilers for some. check it out though.

I'm always loosing track of that, despite what I pick-up from my middle school students during English corners. Same with DC stuff.

Upvote 0
ok so the last episode that dropped for Wanda Vision was the episode that finally brought everything together. it tied in so many things that happened in the MCU universe. it tied in the events from Avengers Infinity Wars and Endgame as well as Captain Marvel and even a character from Antman......it was sooooooo brilliant!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
It seems to be the one to stream.
Why are we streaming again?
its pretty much all i do.......is stream. i rarely watch actual television......save for sports games and the news.

but yes Wanda Vision is amazing.......though to truly enjoy it, you would kind of have to be current in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) because there are so many easter eggs that reference to Marvel movies in the past.

.....which is why i mentioned crossover.

Upvote 0
WANDA THE SCARLET WITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG what an epic series. it is so unique and so engrossing.

to be honest i never really knew much about the scarlet witch before this series started. gonna have to look for some graphic novels on her. but what a great character, what an amazing show.

so i just finished the season finale of WandaVision.........totally amazing is all i can say.

up next for Disney+ is the Falcon and the Winter Soldier as well as Loki both coming out this month!!!!!

Upvote 0
so a good point that was made on Kevin Smith's podcast.........which is the fact that Disney+ does not dump all of the episodes all at once like Netflix does.

at first i hated it. but now after Mandalorian and WandaVision release the episodes on a weekly basis. i really love it. it brought back what i was used to growing up where you get a cliff hanger and have to wait the next week to see what happens next. the anticipation makes me more invested in the series.

now that Falcon and the Winter Soldeir just dropped i can't wait for next friday!!!!!

what do you guys think? do you like to stream everything at once? or do you like what Disney is doing with the weekly episodes?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones