1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Display Battery Percentage...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mumfoau, Sep 27, 2014.

?

Do you display your battery percentage in the status bar?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
  1. mumfoau

mumfoau Well-Known Member

Do you guys/gals like to have your battery percentage displayed in the status bar? I typically go back and forth but of late I like it off with Battery Widget Reborn set to low and displaying it when I pull down the notification shade. I don't have to watch each individual percentage I lose and it's quickly accessible when I do want to see it... #ocd

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Android Expert

mumfoau likes this.
  3. mumfoau

Thanks but I know how to display it. My question was more do you display. Does seeing it excite ones OCD over battery life?

4. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

I used to have it displayed but then I adopted the "just use the phone" mentality and haven't enabled it since.

mumfoau likes this.
  5. Cagey75

Cagey75 Newbie

I have it showing on mine, I play games on the phone a lot so it's useful to see how much charge is left as games can suck the life out of it.

6. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Android Expert

I'm not OCD, I'm more CDO which is similar but actually alphabetical :p

7. mumfoau

I typically live by the same mentality.

8. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 Android Enthusiast

I have it up in the top left corner of the status bar and it changes colors depending upon the percentage. I like throwing my phone on the charger around 20% otherwise I would deplete the battery if I didn't have a reminder in the status bar.

9. swerver32

swerver32 Android Enthusiast

On most of my other phones I usually liked having the % displayed. But those batteries were not as good, now I don't use it since I don't need it. The battery lasts long enough and if I do go low it gives several warnings. Don't need the %

mumfoau likes this.
  10. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 Android Enthusiast

I think this is a huge step forward. My next question is everyone good about charging their phones overnight? I'm definitely not. I can still make it through a day at work with 50% of battery.

11. Yatezy

Yatezy Android Enthusiast

I have it displayed in a circle :thumb:

I'd like to say I have it on display purely out of habit but I do find myself checking it a lot when I'm doing something on my phone. Just like to see how much battery life I can really squeeze out of it.

If I'm not in work I won't charge my phone if it's above 30% at night but if I am I charge it. It takes a beating when I'm in work.

12. mumfoau

I don't charge over night. If it needs juice, I'll put some on it to make it through the night then I'll charge while getting ready for and commuting to work in the AM.

13. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I use the Battery Widget Reborn percentage indicator that shows up on the left side of the status bar with the cool circle but keep the percentage off with the pre-loaded power indicator on the right side. There doesn't seem to be anyway to get rid of the battery icon on the right short of root though.

14. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

I'm at or under 10% by the end of the day so I charge every night

15. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I've been charging every night since the G1 came out. I haven't had any battery issues because of it.

16. jaseman

jaseman Newbie

I sometimes charge every night but usually when I am below 50%. If I have more than that left I let it go another day to work the battery more. Not sure if it really makes any difference though. I turn it off every night when not on call so I charge over night. I like to have a full charge in the morning knowing I can do pretty much whatever I want and not worry about running out of juice.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews