• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Display Black During Call

TexasLegend

Apr 2, 2011
When I dial a number or answer a call the screen goes black once the call connects. Predictable given you don't want your cheek to hang up your call. However, I can't access the phone until after the call has disconnected.
+ can't use dial pad to choose 1 for English or 2 for Spanish haha
+ can't even hang up the call so if the person on the other side of the call doesn't hang up/disconnect my phone will be stuck on a black screen until they hang up. Even long pressing the power button doesn't do anything.
+ basically my phone is rendered unusable until they call is disconnected.

Anyone have this problem and/or have a solution?

I like the wet application protectors, like Zagg InvisibleShield, but I'm beginning to like Skinomi more. Their wet application method uses a slightly soapy solution that makes it easy to place the protector where it needs to be; within a few hours, it's set. They have an installation video that you can watch.

Anyway, for the X they are here: Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Motorola Moto X Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Lifetime Warranty (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile, All Carriers): Cell Phones & Accessories

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones