• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Display dimming

I assume you are calling hands-free, because otherwise it should go black when you put it to your ear.

What is your screen timeout period? If you are calling hand-free I'd expect it to dim and then turn off as usual, it it could be that that is the cause. If so setting a longer time-out period would be the solution (if necessary: why do you need the screen on when you are just talking?).

Of course you've not said anything about how you are making the call (is it plugged in? Are you trying to do something else with the call in the background?) so I am making assumptions here. If I've misinterpreted please clarify :)

Upvote 0
My screen timeout is 30 minutes. On some business calls, I generally use speaker headphones so I need at times to use the keypad. Even if I receive a call it starts to dim in about 20 seconds. Double tap and it brings back the brighter display. I may have a solution; On one of my calls, I put my thumb over the proximity sensor and that seemed to stop the dimming. I would prefer a different way to adjust this though.

Upvote 0
Try the app Kinscreen.
It's the only app I found that worked for me.

For some reason I couldn't copy the link, but here's a screenshot.

Screenshot_20220212-115244.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones