1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Display is keeping the phone awake? (and eating battery)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by k1DBLITZ, Sep 8, 2011.

1. k1DBLITZ

k1DBLITZ Newbie

Ok, so suddenly my display is causing the phone to stay awake and murder the battery.

The last two apps I installed were Spotify and Seekdroid. I uninstalled both and still have the problem.

I have never used the auto brightness, since day one (launch day) I disabled it and have the slider manually at about 10%. The screen timeout has always been set to one minute. I always manually hit the button to turn the screen off.

Please do not respond with "the display is supposed to use the most battery", or "it's because you're playing with your phone so the display is active". These are NOT the source of the problem.

My phone charged overnight and within 2 hours of it being unplugged, the battery is below 50%. I didn't even turn on the screen that whole time either.

Something is definitely keep the phone awake as Up time and Awake time are 1:1.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

3. k1DBLITZ

k1DBLITZ Newbie

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Have you wiped your cache or Dalvic? I would recommend that you do and see if the problem persist. You could have a program trying to get intouch with one of the programs you uninstalled.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews