1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Display is keeping the phone awake? (and eating battery)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by k1DBLITZ, Sep 8, 2011.

1. k1DBLITZ

k1DBLITZ Newbie
    None

Ok, so suddenly my display is causing the phone to stay awake and murder the battery.

The last two apps I installed were Spotify and Seekdroid. I uninstalled both and still have the problem.

I have never used the auto brightness, since day one (launch day) I disabled it and have the slider manually at about 10%. The screen timeout has always been set to one minute. I always manually hit the button to turn the screen off.

Please do not respond with "the display is supposed to use the most battery", or "it's because you're playing with your phone so the display is active". These are NOT the source of the problem.

My phone charged overnight and within 2 hours of it being unplugged, the battery is below 50%. I didn't even turn on the screen that whole time either.

Something is definitely keep the phone awake as Up time and Awake time are 1:1.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
  3. k1DBLITZ

k1DBLITZ Newbie
    None

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    Have you wiped your cache or Dalvic? I would recommend that you do and see if the problem persist. You could have a program trying to get intouch with one of the programs you uninstalled.

Tags: