1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

display is not bright after it fell in water

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    my phone fell in water last week.i have a micromax a89. after that i switched it off but i think water got in.. now after i switched on, everything works except for the display. im able to get phone call, im able to lock n unlock but there is no display.. at times when i switch on the display becomes bright then goes very dim which i cannot see at all.. im able to connect the phone to pc.. can someone help to make the display work or should i go in for a display change in my phone.. can someone help how much it costs to change display?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    How thoroughly did you dry the phone? You should turn it off immediately, remove the battery and place it in a jar of dessicant (silica gel or uncooked rice) for a couple of days. Hair dryers etc are not recommended.

To be honest, it's hard to say what to do with a water damaged phone. It depends on what has been corroded. It might be that replacing the display will fix it, or it might be that the connectors on the motherboard are shot. And if you do replace the display and it works, it's possible that something else will fail days, weeks or months later. Water damage is like that - you might be lucky, but there can be no promises.

scary alien likes this.