1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Display own number Samsung S3 mini

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hkmk23, Jan 2, 2014.

1. hkmk23

hkmk23 Member
    None

Jul 4, 2012
    Male
    SW France
    Does anyone know how to change "settings" so it shows the phones number? Mine just says unknown and there does not appear to be any way to change it.

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

I believe that if your number does not appear there, its because it has not been written to one of the id fields on the SIM by the SIM provider. I had this once - it didn't seem to affect anything else. If you are using your phone (which has a SIM slot?) without a SIM thats probably the reason.

Roger

hkmk23 likes this.
  3. hkmk23

hkmk23 Member
    None

Jul 4, 2012
    Male
    SW France
    Hi ,
    thanks for that reply, I am using a Leclerc pay as you go which as you say is probably the reason. I think it is the best non contract deal in France at the moment because you do not have to use your credit by a certain date. So I will put up with the slight inconvenience. Everything else about the phone is so good anyway.
    I see you are on free mobile, I looked at them recently but unless I have got it wrong, they have dropped the free mobile bit unless you pay for the internet through them, I use FT(Orange now) and I am very pleased, not the cheapest but all internal and international calls are free and we are out in the sticks where connection is a bit cross your fingers anyway so using the people who own the telephone wires seemed politically a better move.