1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

display problem!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pantlesspenguin, Feb 5, 2011.

1. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Android Enthusiast

I heard about the my4g display problem awhile ago, but I never really paid it any mind. I always thought my display was pretty good. When I first got it, I noticed a huge difference between the mt4g display and my previous vibrant...but I chalked it up to being used to samoled. Then I found this: Display Quality? Good vs Bad, Rich Vibrant vs Wash... - T-Mobile Community I did the test, and sure enough I have a bad screen. I called tmo warranty exchange, explained the issue, and now a replacement is being sent to me. Y'all should do this simple test to see if you're entitled to a replacement.

dasudevil likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. erakat1

erakat1 Lurker

Did the test...thankfully I have the good screen!! :)

3. RXCamaroSS

RXCamaroSS Lurker

Hmm, didn't know this was a problem and it looks like I have it. I just thought they all came with a poor viewing angle. haha

4. dasudevil

dasudevil Android Enthusiast

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... i got a shitty one too. What is funny is its hella nice if you ask me. I wonder what the GOOD one will look like. DANG... Calling TMO

WOW... tmo knows about the issue and read a statement about how it is what it is. There is nothing they can do about it. Went higher up to see if i can get a replacement. They may not be doing anything about it ... will report back on my findings.

5. cveez11

cveez11 Newbie

i had the bad screen, called a few times before they offered a replacement. huge difference between the bad and good screen. i suggest keep calling and complaining until they send you a replacement.

6. dasudevil

Got the replacement option now. I had them contact a store that has several available so i can test them without sending in several till im satisfied. :p Should be back with a full update in about 2 hours.... YEA tmobile... thank you for your excellent service. 10+ years and counting!

Update!!!! T mobile will not replace any phone with the lcd issue that is white. Apperently all white mt4g are bad so we are screwed. If anyone out there gets a white one with a good screen please say something they won't so any thing till they see results

7. Basscasey

Basscasey Member

Damn...so close. I'll check my wife's tonight. I've never noticed anything though.

8. dasudevil

After searching like crazy i will be getting my replacement. found one that got a replacement that was white and everything to him looked a million times better. Here is the link Should receive in about 10 days... Lets hope and see this is a working good one.

9. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Android Enthusiast

I got my replacement tonight & it makes a WORLD of difference!!! I'm gonna try to make a video w/ the comparison, but the only camera I have is my laptop's video cam. Grr. I'll see how it goes.