1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Display stay on for 5 minutes - possible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by magohn, Aug 5, 2011.

1. magohn

magohn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Hi all,

Is it possible to set the display auto-off to 5 minutes? I see the 2 min and 10 min options but neither are suited for my purposes. What I want to do is have the display stay on for 5 mins as that is over the length of an audio track (song). When listening in my car its annoying to keep unloacking the phone when I want to skip a track. I figure 5 mins gives me nough time to skip as most songs are 3-4 mins in length.
    Any ideas on how to set the display to stay on for 5 mins?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. rubejb

rubejb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    I think the 5 minute setting is maybe part of Anrdoid 2.3 or was something added by CM7, but I could be wrong.

So you'll have to wait until Moto updates or the CM7 port gets in working order.

And I'm sure you've already thought about this, but how about just setting it to 10? You'll still get to skip the track and if you really want to turn it off before the 10 minutes is up under normal use, you can just tap the power button.

3. magohn

magohn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Right - 10 mins is an option but my thinking is that if I forget to turn it off in other situations, the battery is wasting for 5+ mins I wont be using it. I will give it a shot and see what happens.
    Thanks for the info on 2.3...