1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Dissapearing photos and videos??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brian ferry, Aug 23, 2011.

1. brian ferry

brian ferry Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    security
    harrogate
    My htc desire z has the same problems that previous people had regarding the photos dissapearing.They sometimes come back but not always?Just a '!' appears?
    Ive tried a reset but it still happens.I got this mobile thinking the photo side would be good but im somewhat dissapointed now!

Advertisement

2. svofwegen

svofwegen Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    Same problem here. Also when I delete some of the pictures i do see. They are deleted. But when I look later, I see errors for the deleted items. But hey, just found a (temporary?) solution.

Connect your phone as a usb drive and open your images (somewhere in DCIM map). I also deleted the images I did not like. In the computer I also saw some pictures that were disappeared earlier. I tried to see the images on my phone, while connected to the computer. That was not possible, so I disconnected my phone. Then my phone suddenly showed all recent pictures. Also my deleted pictures were finally gone.

I think this is my solution for now.

Good luck!

3. svofwegen

svofwegen Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    After my last post I wanted to upload my newly retrieved pictures on facebook and hoppa my old pictures were all back.....

4. svofwegen

svofwegen Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    So now i installed quickpic. This works for example uploading to facebook. However, when viewing from your camera the phone automatically opens the standard gallery, which appears to be the problem...

5. old git

old git Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    Im having this problem as well. Really annoying. The pictures are still on your phone and if you use a file manager app' (such as ASTRO) you can still find/view the photos

6. jamiedash27

jamiedash27 Lurker
    None

Oct 30, 2011
    i have lost the majority of my holiday photos from my gallery, and been trying everything to get them back but nothing is working... i'm still left with a !... this is really upsetting is this a permanent thing or is there going to be a solution in the near future? someone please help.

Tags: