• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disturbing problem with DND

For a number of weeks I have had a problem which has meant that some calls / messages are not received / notified in time. The DND / Silent Setting keeps getting activated, several times a day. I have changed the Sound Settings to every option, many times, but with no effect.The regular option works for a while but then without warning it is switched to DND / Silent. I have now got the habit of pressing the audio button many times a day, which works up to a point but sometimes is missed. How do I get rid of the unwanted behaviour?

Thankyou all for your replies. At the moment the issue seems to have gone away --- I cannot be sure yet, but what is displayed when I open the relevant Settings page has changed, and so far the sound settings are all 'on'.

I tried to follow the SafeMode suggestion but it seems my phone is one of the few which do not support the 'standard' procedure for SafeMode for getting into it. Can you advise on this please?

I have another issue regarding Casting the display but will open another post for that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones