1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Disturbing Text Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brickman, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Brickman

Brickman Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2010
    So I sent a text to my girlfriend today and a co-worker of mine recieved it instead. He had sent me a text earlier in the day and I deleted the thread. The next message I sent out went to him. Pretty embarassing, but could have been much worse. I have had this happen several times and it is getting very disturbing. I have searched the forums and others have had this problem, but think that 3rd party apps will solve it, but this is not helping me. It happens when I use the stock app and also when I use Handcent SMS. Is anyone else having this issue? It is happening to me way to often for comfort. Any solutions?

Advertisement

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  2. chris4x4

chris4x4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    Arizona
    That happened to me a few times with my old Droid. I called Verizon, and they said it was an issue on their end. It hasnt happened since, and its been a couple months now.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  3. seVer

seVer Android Expert

May 1, 2010
    Unknown. Previous VZW Tech Support for 7 years.
    known issue with droids devices. you have to let the entire message list load before you reply or send new ones, else you risk it going to the wrong person.

it is rare, but still a known issue. maybe delete some of your texts? or just be patient when you go to messages and let them load.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  4. Brickman

Brickman Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2010
    It has happened several times and is happening more often now with my razr. It also happened on my Bionic and Droid X. Apparently I am the first to call this problem in on the Razr though. If anyone has this problem as well, please call Verizon support. They have to have a certain number of complaints before they can consider it a known issue. They said HTC sent out an update to their phones and solved the problem, but I am still seeing issues after the date of their software upgrade posted in the forums.

I delete my messages everyday. That hasnt solved it. This morning I got a text from a co-worker, read it and then deleted it. Several texts later the text I sent was suposed to go to my girlfriend, but instead went to the co-worker whos text I had deleted. So instead of telling her I loved her......I told him. Which is funny in a way, but could cause serious issues. I have also had them go to the last person on my message list when the list is long. I am at a loss, but I would love to see this issue resolved. This is not a minor issue. It could cost someone their relationship, their job and so much more. Surely it is an issue that could be corrected pretty quickly?

Who is responsible? Verizon says it is Motorola. Motorola says it is Verizon or Google. Hell, I cant even get a hold of anyone at Google. Any suggestions other than to not text would be great.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  5. pm1066

pm1066 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 14, 2010
    Are you using the stock text app? I use Go SMS just cuz the interface is nicer. I haven't noticed this problem at all.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  6. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    Any lag with that at all?

I cant stand the blur messaging app.

7. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Male
    San Francisco

No lags for me with GoSMS on my razr. I'm quite happy with the Go family of apps (using contacts, dialer, sms and launcher).

8. Helloneumann

Helloneumann Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    Self employed
    New York
    I also use GoSMS on my Droid RAZR without lag. Had it on my D2 and Tbolt also with no lag. I use their launcher too. No lag on that either. Give it a try I think you'll like it.

9. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    Thanks guys I think I will give it a go. I never cared for the launcher (app drawer re-draws etc). But that was on my DX.

Will give their messaging app a try though.

Thanks and cheers!

10. AndroidGreg

AndroidGreg Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    Its anything based off the google messaging app, its messed up bad, since blur is just a skin has the same core. every phone can have it happen until you swap to a new non google sms program, only plone without it is the nexus S without ics that i have read, moto is just seems to happen more often for some reason but theres plenty of choices of replacements.

11. Szadzik

Szadzik Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    In the last 2 years of owning Android phones I have never had an issue like this.

I truly doubt this is a common issue.

12. Highland Ranger

Highland Ranger Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 22, 2010
    Don't use the stock app.

Never happened with Google voice on D1, X2 or the Razr

13. dmdroid

dmdroid Member
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    Tug Boat Captain
    USA
    Another point worth making, When receiving a text sent to multiple recipients, be careful if you reply to the sender without deleting that text, because your return message will go to the multiple recipients as well.

14. redryder

redryder Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Also.... Know this.....

You are best advised to not ever put very personal or business or protected business info in a text message even if it goes to the correct party if you don't ever want it to become known by someone else. Once your text has been sent, it is available for retrieval. It is a digital package that has been stored somewhere. Retrieval of "private" text messages helped bring down New York governor Spitzer.