• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ditching Eris but to where next...

heyjoojoo

Jan 23, 2010
I cant decide. I know it will be an android and not necessarily a 4G but my budget is $100. I want the larger screensize and solidness (form factor) which is why I was considering these:

Motorola X2
Motorola Bionic
but Verizon recommended the LG Lucid

Now, can't make up my mind.

I cant decide. I know it will be an android and not necessarily a 4G but my budget is $100. I want the larger screensize and solidness (form factor) which is why I was considering these:

Motorola X2
Motorola Bionic
but Verizon recommended the LG Lucid

Now, can't make up my mind.

I would not listen to Verizon. You can get most any verizon smart phone for less. Wirefly has the LG Spectrum (a way better phone than the lucid) for 99.99
Verizon just had the razor for 80, AmazonWireless has it in white for 99

I would avoid any suggestions by Verizon wireless sales people. They are more interested in moving out old stock that they can't sell than finding you the best quality phone for the best price.

Upvote 0
Droid Bionic is now free! Unlike the newer RAZR, the Bionic has a removable battery. Get the extended one for $50, then charge your phone every few days.

I just switched from the Eris to a Bionic (free on the Verizon website last weekend!) and I'm loving it. I thought I was going to to with the Razr Maxx, but the nearly $200 in savings just made sense. I don't like the camera "bump" on the Razr phones anyway, and I will pick up an extended Bionic battery if I need one.

Upvote 0
I will be retiring my Eris next week. I ordered the free Bionic as well. It is a bit bigger than what I wanted (incredible 4g, which doesn't seem to be coming out anytime soon) but I will deal with it.

I usually only buy phones that have been out at least 6 months anyways. Let someone else work through the bugs :) Plus the Bionic seems to have a great community, and is slated to get ICS in the fall (something to look forward to). The bump on the back won't bother me much as it will be going in an otterbox anyways.

Free, Free, Free, Free, how can you beat that?

Verizon can suck it for their stupid $30 surcharge though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones