1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Diverting a specific number to a number that does not exist?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rickio01, May 18, 2011.

1. rickio01

rickio01 Lurker

Hello, i am running android 2.2 on my HTC Desire and I am wanting to divert a specific number that doesn't show up on my phone's notifications as a missed call and does not divert to my voice mail. I would like the number to ring through to a number that does not exist so they think ive changed my number. Is this possible? Ive tried quite a few call blocking apps like Call Blocker Elite, Call Control and Call Filter, but non of them are doing what i want or just don't work.

Any help will be very much appreciated :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

I'm confused. You say this person calls you and it doesn't show up as a missed call if you don't answer and it doesn't divert to your voice mail? How do you know they're calling you?

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

He could look at the phone when it is ringing...

It's not an app but I use GV for this. You can send unwanted calls directly to voicemail and have the VM deleted with no notifications. You can also have unwanted callers get a "number no longer in service" message.

4. rickio01

rickio01 Lurker

No no, what im trying to say is that currently with the apps that i have tried, or even if i set that specific contact to be directed to voicemail, my phone shows a notification of a missed call and i dont want any notification that they tried phoning at all and i dont want them to be diverted to the voicemail either. I want them to hear a mono tone like the number no longer exists, the same type of tone you hear when someone hangs up.

5. rickio01

rickio01 Lurker

Im interested in this GV you talk about. Would you mind if you could tell me a little more on how to get it/use it etc etc :). Thanks.

6. THE VIRUS

THE VIRUS Newbie

Google.com/voice sign in w/ your gmail. follow the directions. Once signed in select the phone number you want blocked, then when they call they will here a "im sorry the number you have reached has been disconnected or is no longer in service, please check the number and try your call again" message.

Cheers

MacFett likes this.
  7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I use Blacklist, divert it to voice mail (which does not exist since I did not get that service lol), and I get no notifications.

8. Bren S.

Bren S. Android Expert

Don't you need to sign up for a seperate phone # for google voice?? and if so then obviously the person would still be calling the OP's mobile # not the google voice # so how would that help?