1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

divx and the n7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by miltk, Dec 29, 2012.

1. miltk

miltk Well-Known Member

i tried copying a divx file to my n7 and was greeted with a "can't because file is not supported" kind of message(don't remember the exact message.)

has anyone successfully copied and played a divx file on his n7? thx,,,and how'd you do it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Android Expert

try installing rockplayer or Vplayer or other similar apps from the play store,

Vplayer is my favourite, it seems to play anything!

3. miltk

miltk Well-Known Member

i have bsplayer. plays divx GREAT on my maxx, but the file simply was not "accepted" by the n7. that is, the n7 didn't let me copy the divx file.

4. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Android Expert

did it say "cant copy", or "this file may not work", try copying it anyway, it should work fine with a good video player app installed.

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I have issues with certain file types too, now I use airdroid to copy stuff over with minimal issue. I use mobo or Dice Player for playing stuff.

6. Teknologic

Teknologic Android Expert

Windows can recognise the hardware decoding capabilities of the N7 and as a result will warn you if you try to copy files that aren't (fully) supported. Apps however, can decode via software so there is virtually no limit to the different kinds of video they can play (depends on the developer).
    There are dozens of video players out there, my pick goes to MX Player. By far.

So don't worry about the windows message, read it and select 'copy anyway' or the likes. Then download a video player app.

7. miltk

miltk Well-Known Member

thx. it works now. sorry for any confusion to you all, but i was getting the incompatability message ON THE N7, not my pc, so the result was it never transferred the file. i've never used the mtp function on any of my past media devices as i just don't like "middlemen". i always used msc. even some devices that use only mtp, i would X out and open them in windows explorer and drag/drop anyway.....it always worked(the sony mp3 players do this).

so anyway, i went to my wife's computer,,,enabled and updated her WMP. i connected my N7 and tried syncing the divx movie that way. as soon as i "sync now" i got a "you may disconnect your n7 now" message. i thought "that was awfully fast for a 200mb file". i couldn't find the file on my N7. so i tried it again the old fashioned way, which was to bypass the mtp and just drag/drop in windows explorer. that's when i got the message you're talking about. it worked. it transferred the file and i can play it on bsplayer

8. dddougal

dddougal Lurker

Like most times in life, its best to just ignore ms windows and do what you want