• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Djvu Reader and Its Discontents

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
I just downloaded this thing and it doesn't notice any djvu files. When I tried opening a djvu book with it, the only options I had were Moon+Reader and Readler, neither of which could handle it. I will probably have to give up on trying to read fakely and just do the real thing.

Ok, I tried to download Document Viewer only to be confronted with something called Open Note Scanner. Since FDroid recommended that I download it and get Document Viewer from it instead, I did that. When I did that of course it could find no such app. I have no idea why it got duplicated either. Probably somebody will fix it.

Upvote 0
Ok, I tried to download Document Viewer only to be confronted with something called Open Note Scanner. Since FDroid recommended that I download it and get Document Viewer from it instead, I did that. When I did that of course it could find no such app. I have no idea why it got duplicated either. Probably somebody will fix it.

Just download it from F-Droid.
The F-Droid app can be a real mess. I use the web version whenever I can.

F-Droid is on GitLab, not GitHub.
So don't expect any quick fixes- ever.

Anyway, just download document viewer from the link I sent you.

Reactions: Rgarner and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones