1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root DL09 to EB01 Voodoo- Do I have this right?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Henweigh, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Henweigh

Henweigh Member
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    Ok, so I saw this xda thread here:

[EB01 WALKTHROUGHS] Rooting, Clockwork, Voodoo, Stock and Custom ROM, Battery, etc - xda-developers

I guess everything I need can be found in there, but I have a few questions before I begin. For the record, I'm on DL09, running a DL09 compatible Nitsuj Nextang theme. Never installed Voodoo. Have been running the same version of CWM since maybe before DJ05 was released?

Ok, so my biggest question is regarding all the CWMs I see on that thread. First of all, I think I'm finally ready to install Voodoo, so should I ignore post 4 altogether? If I were to deal with post 4, I have two concerns: one is that the link in part 1 for the link to the zip file is dead. Is that file supposed to be "update.zip" which it mentions in method A (I already have an old update.zip file on my phone for CWM, do I need a new update.zip for Froyo?), or is it supposed to be "cwm_froyo.zip" which I see in method B?

I wanted to use Nitsuj's Nextang theme for EB01. Should I just get that file and use it the same as any other zipped Froyo ROM in Part 5?

In part 6, I'm a little confused. Say I want to install Voodoo. Do I just start with post 6 after I've done everything else? I don't see any mention there of red CWM, how does that fit into all of this? When you have Voodoo do you have both red and green CWM to boot into?

Thank you!

Advertisement

2. Henweigh

Henweigh Member
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    Just fyi, apparently I have CWM 2.5.1

Just was reading around... apparently only red CWM is being used now?

Anyone have a link to CWM for froyo?

All that being said, any help with my previous above post is much appreciated

3. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Student
    Yew Nork
    If you install EB01 you don't need to go through the process of installing recovery in a zip file, it comes with the rom. Voodoo's up to you...but I have the feeling a lot of future kernels will be made with Voodoo once we get an ota release of 2.2.1.