• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dlink IP Web Cam now not working - HotSpot can't find Mac address. Ad Hoc (unrooted)

Hi

Great forum by the way.

I'm after a little help please. I've got a DLink 932L IP Web Cam connected via the hotspot of my Note 2 - I've had this connected with no problem for 3 months. I use the IP Viewer Cam Pro App and this has worked great.

Unfortunately, I understand there has been an update for the Note 2 recently and over the last 3 days or so I can't connect the IP Cam.

I've tested the Cam via my home network connected and its viewable on my PC - so the cam is working.

(What I use it for is security for my vehicle - its a taxi. I connect via the hotspot and view the cam on my phone while driving for security).

I've been trying to sort this issue out for 2 full days and I'm at a loss.

The MAC address is correct.

The settings on the app are:
Dlink DCS-932
192.168.43.50 (the port is 80)
Password and user is correct too.

Am I missing something? Has the update changed some AD Hoc settings?

Please help.

Cheers
Chris

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones