1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

DLNA sever..

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Milo Williamson, Jul 21, 2021 at 1:25 PM.

1. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Enthusiast

I had it built into my android I thought at one point, I know I used it duration a few weeks ago or so, but suddenly it vanished though, but I was easily to redownload it again, so I can wirelessly transport my photos to my Playstation three...

A handy little tool indeed, without the big clunk of time, connected through the wire for the celluloid phone and then have it scratched up on here, at least it can either just chill out and flicker, or have it somewhat of another back up mgnr. Least for that, anyways giving you up a heads up for those who really utilize the power of the PS3!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

I tried multiple devices, and multiple DLNA apps...
    and never got a device to link to my ol'lady's PS3.

I hate that thing.
    It is so painfully slow to do anything with, I don't even fool with it at all except to turn it off.

In fact, it is such a PITA to turn it off 'properly' (according to my ol'lady) I just push the power button on the front.

Of course, the stupid PS3 thinks that this is wrong, and takes another 5-20 minutes to 'check for issues' the next time it is turned on- while showing a full page of junk saying something about how it was improperly powered down the last time and whatnot.

Do we really need to explain to Sony what a power button is for?

Who designed a multi-step power down sequence?
    Who saw that and thought that it was a great idea?

More people that need to get the stick!

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I've never had modern consoles, like PS3, they sound a PITA. I have a T95 Android box running Kodi, and that's it.

4. puppykickr

My Android devices are it.
    I need no other electronic entertainment.

When I try to so much as watch television, I am quickly disappointed and aggrevated.

Seriously, does anyone watch television anymore?

I haven't even turned my set on in many months.

mikedt likes this.
  5. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Enthusiast

Yeah I get that as well too, I just bypass it by pressing Circle half of the time, have you updated it yet? There is an update on how you can communicate with the DNLA sever with your device, Head to the top were it saids "Searching for media devices" and let it synch up with your cell and it should connect then, no kidding, I think that Sony needs to accept us turning off our electronics always in it too, at least when you do upload the images it should be there, unless you want to do it old school and have your photos transfer via usb..

puppykickr and mikedt like this.
  6. puppykickr

Yes, over and over.

Searching...
    Searching...
    Searching...

No Media Devices Found

So frustrating.

I have, via the Youtube app built into the PS3, been able to control Youtube with Android devices on the PS3, but never have I been able to transfer any type of media.

That really sucks.

Even the crappiest Android devices are many times faster online than a PS3, so I wanted to be able to stream from my Android to the PS3, or at least use the Android as an auxillary media device for it.

So stupid that it is like nothing to do so with any home stereo or computer- but seems impossible with the PS3.

Also, I have seen that now some apps (namely Tubi and some radio apps) have dropped support for PS3, and apps like Pluto were never fully functional on PS3 to begin with.