• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Have not messed with it a whole lot, but you got to make sure the other device you are trying to stream stuff to, also has DLNA. Which from what I can understand, is that DLNA is something that is built in, and not something you can just download. May I also ask what you are trying to stream? Pictures, Video, music?

Upvote 0
Honestly, I don't care what it is I stream. I'm trying to stream from my computer over wireless. I had a wireless sharing network set up but I haven't been able to get DLNA to work. My PC shows up but it won't let me access my shared folder.

It says "Browsing of folder failed" right away when trying to access my PC.

Upvote 0
So are you guys finding a reason to do this other than "just because I can"? (Which I totally get - I'll be trying it out as well. :) )Seems like this would be a battery suck on the Droid, and you'd always have anything that's on your droid available on your server (at least I do).

Just curious if there's a good use case I'm missing...thanks.

Upvote 0
I have used it on my Windows 7 PC. I use it to play songs that are not on my phone. It was a little hard to setup on the PC side. On my system, the phone was blocked by default so I had to allow it, but it did not tell me what I was allowing. It came up as unknown device and I took a chance and it worked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones