• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DM+Modem+ADB Not Recognized by computer.

ScottReid

Lurker
Dec 18, 2015
I have a dongle used to root, and unlock devices

I am trying to unlock a Galaxy s4 with it.

It requires i put the phone in DM+Modem+ADB

ive done so, and then installed Android SDK for the USB driver, and SDK Tools.

When i go to device manager, it reads as unknown device, and when i go to install the .inf file, it says its not compatible with my device.

if anyone can help me, ive been working on this for hours, and cant figure it out. thank you all so much

If it's on 5.0 you may need to boot into recovery and enable CP Logging. Should be next to last in recovery menu. PC will not recognize Com port without it .

Thank you so much! im not even exaggerating by telling you this solidified my position at my job. we have been on forum after forum on the internet, and the only answer anyone would give us is "turn DM mode off" like it would solve all our issues. thank you again, and i appreciate everything

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones