• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DNA Bricked

Don't mean to just jump in here, but I've had my fair share of borking before I turned pro. If you can access recovery and you're selecting the proper wipe options (data/factory reset, cache, dalvik and maybe system, isn't going to hurt) and selecting install zip from sd, does it install fine? The script doesn't come up with any errors? If not and it says it installs, but fails to boot then you have two options.

1) Flash the recovery again via fastboot, either TWRP or CWM

2) RUU and re-unlock re-root etc

Additionally, have you flashed a boot.img file to this phone other than stock? Meaning tried a new kernel. If so, check to see if you needed to and did flash the modules needed, or just flash a new one to see if you can boot.

Hope this helps!

My last reply was before I saw your post and you may be onto something I just remembered I loaded the cubed kernel image while trying to make a different rom work before this all happened, and now I can't find the freaking image I used before that (basic unlocked bootloader). :thinking:

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
My last reply was before I saw your post and you may be onto something I just remembered I loaded the cubed kernel image while trying to make a different rom work before this all happened, and now I can't find the freaking image I used before that (basic unlocked bootloader). :thinking:

Just Google search for stock or stock unsecure DNA kernel, or flash any you want. Do these steps.

1) load a rom onto your sd, either push via adb or connect to pc and transfer file to root of sd card.

2) put a new kernel (boot.img) into your folder where fastboot is on your pc

3) boot into recovery wipe data, cache, dalvik, system.

4) flash rom zip, but don't reboot into rom (ie hitting reboot system now) yet

5) reboot into bootloader (adb reboot bootloader) and make sure it says fastboot usb in hboot

6) fastboot flash boot boot.img command to flash your new kernel

7) reboot and profit

Forget about everything you've done and just start over with these steps.

If any of this fails, try to go through it again to make sure it wasn't user error and if they fail a second time, RUU and proceed from there

Upvote 0
Hey I just noticed in a different root thread here that Scotty recommended the revolutionary drivers for adb/fastboot. Maybe that's the better way to go?

Here they are if you still can't connect via adb:

http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe (download and run as admisitrator)

Again, may be best to ditch you current driver prior to intall.

Ive had the exact same problem for 3 days i tried EVERYTHING! these drivers did it for me. You are a lifesaver!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones