1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

DNA on ATT mms not sending/receiving

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jandj1725, Oct 22, 2014.

1. jandj1725

jandj1725 Lurker

I recently got the HTC DNA and have it on ATT. Everything works great, EXCEPT I cannot send/receive MMS. I have verified all APN settings with ATT support, to no avail. It is running Android 4.4.2, HTC Sense version 5.5, software # 4.09.605.5.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to the forums. Can you check to see if your apn is on the third one from the bottom should say att phone

3. jandj1725

jandj1725 Lurker

Hello. The att APN is the only one in my phone. Under network settings, I have PREFERRED NETWORK set to Global. Then under GSM/UMTS options, this is what I have for the APN:
    Name: ATT phone
    APN: phone
    Proxy 172.26.39.1
    Port: not set
    username: not set
    password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (although I have tried the WAP 1.2 at that doesn't work either)
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: none
    APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri
    Bearer: unspecified

These are the ones that ATT support instructed me to enter when I was troubleshooting with them yesterday. thank you for your help!

4. BRAINZ2013

And it didn't work cause is more than one if your in new york it should have 4

5. jandj1725

jandj1725 Lurker

Do you know the other 3 that should be on there? Or a link to where they are? ATT (level 1 & level 2 techs) didn't say anything about there needing to be more.

6. BRAINZ2013

Attached Files:

7. BRAINZ2013

uploadfromtaptalk1414073210101.jpg

Attached Files:

8. jandj1725

jandj1725 Lurker

I added that as a new APN, saved, & rebooted. Still cannot send/receive.

9. BRAINZ2013

Then it maybe that at&t Dont have you activated to use MMS or SMS . contact them to see if its able to send and receive text message . what plan did you select and was this a BYOD AKA BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE .

10. BRAINZ2013

Also when you rebooted did you select the pta

11. jandj1725

jandj1725 Lurker

Yes, I have contacted them already. Everything (according to them) on their end is okay. My SIM is compatible, and my account is set up properly. Yes, this is a BYOD because the HTC DNA was originally put out by Verizon, but came factory unlocked.

12. BRAINZ2013

I have to check cause it maybe a gsm patch for your device .

13. BRAINZ2013

Try this
    To enable the GSM you can go into the hidden menu Testing typing the code *#*#4636#*#* and you have to make sure that the device has set if not you have to set: Phone info -> Set prefered network type -> GSM auto (PRL)

14. jandj1725

jandj1725 Lurker

I did enable the PTA, rebooted, and then NOTHING worked, so I had to put it back to my original APN. The *#*#4636#*#* does not work on this phone. It was one of the first things we tried. Odd thing is, If i install GoSMS, I can send/receive the MMS.

HTC Droid DNA Forum

The HTC Droid DNA release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2020mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews