• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DNA wont charge because USB Host Mode is on

I cant find a way to fix it/turn it off. Any ideas? Am I stuck getting a new phone? I have seen that this issue exists but it appears more common on the One. Cant find a troubleshoot. HELP!

If it was a setting, a factory reset would cure it, but suspect that's not why.

Turn it off completely and plug it in for charging. You should see a charging symbol on the screen. If not, you may have a hardware problem.

Upvote 0
Same problem here. I can charge it in a regular wall outlet, but the car charger drains it more, if anything. Like others have said, recent updates seem to have made the battery drain faster so now I need to be able to recharge during the day. Found these instructions for the HTC One, but didn't fix the DNA:

1. Turn phone OFF
2. Let charge for AT LEAST 10mins even if it doesn't look like it's charging (mine DID show the new charging animation)
3. Press and hold POWER + VOL UP + VOL DOWN for AT LEAST 2mins. Anything less will not reset the charge mode.
4. After 2mins release the buttons and the phone should boot as normal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones