• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DNLA will not turn on

Upvote 0
doesnt work for me either :-( s3 is connected to the same wifi router as my smart LG TV

Works fine on the HTC sensation.

The s3 dlna mode (nearby devices) is just greyed out! not able to enable

EDIT! just found an app in play store called Pixel Media Server and Pixel Media Controller, will try that and report back here

annoying I cannot use the stock DLNA though

Upvote 0
I called samsung support, they suggested a factory reset, this i did.

i then went to the nearby devices menu, it then let me enable the rest of menu then it greyed itself out! now it will not switch on or off again!!! hmmmmmmm

S3 Non Branded, UK, Three Network, Firmware LH1

didnt work in the previous firmware either! Mind LH1 was only a battery drain update so the web tells me.

third party app in my last post doesnt work either. or my tv will not detect it.

all fine on a HTC Sensation :)

Upvote 0
I called samsung support, they suggested a factory reset, this i did.

i then went to the nearby devices menu, it then let me enable the rest of menu then it greyed itself out! now it will not switch on or off again!!! hmmmmmmm

S3 Non Branded, UK, Three Network, Firmware LH1

Same thing here. I also did a factory reset to no avail. 'Nearby Devices' was accessible once and is now greyed out.

Base Firmware: I9300XXBLG8

In the mean time: I've downloaded an app from the Play Store called Media Server that is working for me at the moment.

Upvote 0
In another forums they said this:
Go to applications manager, click the "all" tab at the top, scroll down to nearby devices, clear cache.

I tried it and it worked for a while but then greyed out again...

.... I had same problem as OP and tried Mar's fix but the 'clear cache' was greyed out so I tried 'clear data' (ignoring warning prompts) and this then enabled the changing of state in 'Nearby devices', 'File sharing'.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones