• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do corporate store charge restocking fee?

Carnotaurus

Sep 27, 2013
I bought an S4 from a T-mobile authorize dealer and was charge a $50 restocking fee even though I returned in on the same day because the signal was weak in my area. The staff told me that he inform me of the restocking fee but he lie. They opened my box before they even give me the contract so I didn't have time to look through 2 whole pages to see the restocking fee. They offer to give me another of the exact phone despite the fact that the signal would be the same.

Anyway let just say I won't ever come back to store again and even though it been a few months, I still feel sick every time I think of it. I read online it used to be $10 from many sources yet when I told them that the lady basically said no it always been like this:mad:. I call CSR and they couldn't really do anything about it since it was not a corporate store.

I feel like an idiot now cause I should have contact my credit (visa) card company but I didn't. I know it only $50 but the principle is that I was rob.

Needless to say, my first phone purchase left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Now the Note 3 is here and I was wondering if corporate store charge a restocking fee or not and if corporate store staff treat their customer better, and if any problems arise is it much easier to deal with in a corporate store because it is the company store?

Can anyone who bought phones from a corporate store share their experience?

Thanks all

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones