1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General do DX batteries work in DX2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by luster71, Jul 19, 2011.

1. luster71

luster71 Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Im getting switched to DX2 from DX (i was sent a dinc2 and hated it so i threatened to leave, actually i went as far as pushing the paperwork through for all 3 phones and finished call well wife called back and straightened it out just in case anyone was wondering how to get a different phone)

ok my question is since dx2 has same style body will all my extra dx batteries work?

love everything i read in these communities ill never leave android (now i need A.A)

luster71

Advertisement

2. dguy

dguy Android Expert
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    Yes they use the same batteries and battery doors.

3. novemberwhiskey

novemberwhiskey Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Both standard and extended should be interchangeable. They have the same parts numbers.

4. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast
    None

I had done something similar. I had been through 7 or 8 DX's and while I love the phone. Setting the same phone up the way I like it that many times isn't fun. I complained and the guy said he'd set me up for a different phone. I suggested the DX2 being that I had all of the accessories already for my DX. He agreed. This was on a Friday. Come Monday my phone sadly doesn't show up. I called and asked double you tee eff and they said that there was no history of this order and that the tech offered me options all of which I denied. I was like umm no he didn't. I wish I had written down his name. He lied to me and lied in the notes. Jerk. Anywho. After a two hour phone call speaking with a "supervisor" I said I was done. And I wanted out of my contract due to them not giving me what I signed up for (a working DX) he said one moment sir let me see what I can do. I am now using the DX2. He didn't however send me the battery and back that he said he was going to do but I am ok with that. Now the problem was with the back. The DX is grey and the DX2 is black. :/ I contacted Motorola through their chat support service and said that my back was loose (which is true.) They are sending me a replacement. Things to try if you need help. Also I complained to Verizon about my battery dying so quickly (which was also true) and they sent me a new one. I didn't have to send the old one back either.

5. bradyapba

bradyapba Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    To answer the Battery question. Yes.

6. novemberwhiskey

novemberwhiskey Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    I should note that the battery cover door for the extended is different from the original. However, they might still both fit.

7. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast
    None

They are the same size and shape and fit both devices. The only difference is the color (DX is gray & DX2 is black) and the word "Droid X2" in red.