1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Do games run smoother on Android 2.2 Froyo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Beplexor, May 4, 2011.

1. Beplexor

Beplexor Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Just a simple question. My friend has updated to 2.2 on the same phone (not the official version, because here in New Zealand froyo hasn't been officially released yet) and he says that there is a slight improvement in FPS, and general performance.

I just wanted to ask here because I'm a bit more cautious of downloading unofficial firmwares online. Thanks for the help.

*edit: Also, is there a slight improvement in ability to run higher-end games? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. sparky_132

sparky_132 Lurker
    None

Mar 7, 2011
  3. gamerprithvi

gamerprithvi Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    well my experience with the froyo hasn't been good. I would like to say that the speed increase for this particular phone isn't as great as the other phones that got the update. Plus i feel the sound quality of the stock media player in froyo is pathetic.

I have tried Angry Birds in froyo which didn't run too smoothly in eclair. the speed increase is only marginal. You won't even notice. Plus i was running the official froyo update from Samsung India.

Now with a custom ROM, there is significant speed increase.(in games and other apps)