1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Do I have a bad battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bloody Templar, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Bloody Templar

None

Jun 4, 2011
    Hi all! I got my wife an Iconia Tab for Mother's Day, and while she likes it, I love it SO much. Gotta get one of my own now!

We do have an issue, though:

My wife threw her tablet in her bag the other day and got it out 8 hours later - deader than a doornail. We're suspecting it might be the "random wake from sleep mode" issue... maybe?

What kind of battery life are you guys seeing on standby? Are the rest of you just powering it down when you're mobile? Any way to speed up the bootup? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. splatoid

splatoid Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    Repair Technician for Grocery stores Auto meat wra
    Washington State
    Make sure your bluetooh isn't on and charge it up and leave it on sleep mode all night and see where its at in morning. I can leave it in sleep all night and have around 80% power in morning.

3. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    New York, USA
    I had mine on charge all day at work yesterday, unplugged it at 4 when I left, used it a fair amount and didn't have to put it on charge until 5 or 6 this evening. 8 hours on standby is a bit short...

4. mrcaptain

mrcaptain Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    I can fully charge mine, surf the net for a few hours, watch a movie or two, go to sleep with it on standby and still have around 30% left 8 - 10 hours later.

5. Myronbg

Myronbg Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central Coast, CA
    Go to settings > applications > battery use. Cell standby is most likely fairly high on the list. My understanding is the a500 is looking for a cell tower & as we only have Wi-Fi it's a function that's there for future use. I installed an Airplane toggle app which should stop the search/function.

6. mrcaptain

mrcaptain Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    The a501 will have 3g capability, so instead of Acer having to make 2 different tabs, they just made 1 and will (hopefully) adjust the firmware at some point to stop our tabs using the cell standby.

Does the airplane toggle app not stop the wifi also?

7. Myronbg

Myronbg Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central Coast, CA
    Turns out that you don't need the toggle as in the settings there is both airplane & wireless on /off boxes. If you select airplane it also turns off wifi, but if you then select wifi airplane stays off & wifi stays on. I have toggles for both on my home screen as it seems to want to turn one or the other on/off for spite! (Or I'm screwing things up) .