1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do I have a defective DInc or what?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bomp15, Aug 11, 2010.

1. bomp15

bomp15 Newbie

Please help, I am starting to get pissed off at this phone...

I know there is a setting on the browser to turn off the mobile versions of internet web pages, but unchecking that box still doesn't do it. I still get mobile versions of web pages. I thought the Dinc/droids were similar to the iPhones in this regard about not being "a version of the internet" but the ACTUAL internet. Someone correct me where I'm wrong. I can't get the mobile version turned off no matter what I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks forum folks!

2. killadanny

killadanny Android Expert

The only way I know of is open the browser, type about:debug and go to settings and uncheck Mobile View and go down to UAString and select Desktop.

3. bomp15

bomp15 Newbie

Thanks for the help. I'll try it...

4. bomp15

bomp15 Newbie

Dang, still doesn't work. Any other thoughts? Its like its not recognizing I've unchecked the "mobile version" box or something. Ugh.

5. killadanny

What websites are you visiting? My only other option would be to install a new browser like Dolphin or google it. :(

6. bomp15

bomp15 Newbie

www.nytimes.com is always my "test" website to see if it goes to a mobile version. No matter how I navigate there, it still changes in the address bar to www.mobile.nytimes.....etc. I'll look at trying to download a new browser like dolphin. Any other good, stable browers you'd recommend?

Thanks

7. killadanny

I just tried it, got the full home page. I would recommend Dolphin and Skyfire :) If it's really an issue, you could do a factory reset. Maybe its just en error?

bomp15 likes this.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews