1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Do I have a manufacturers defect!? PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by squall429, Jul 4, 2011.

1. squall429

squall429 Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    Well I got my phone on the 28th of June. (I love it very much I might add.) There's two BIG problems that I've noticed that I think might be clarifying it as either internal hardware issues or software...

It only worked once when I got it, my girlfriend texted me a picture on the default messenger App and when I viewed the picture I was able to hit the Menu button (Third button from the right) and hit save from the Menu.

Now... It pops up for a nanosecond and disappears and I can't do anything with it!!

I also CANNOT sync my Facebook and Skype accounts to my phone to my Contacts. I called Verizon, they told me to do a Master RESET which I did before I called them and STILL DID NOT FIX IT!!!

I dunno what the problem is... I bought the phone from Wirefly. I got it for Free for a deal. Secondly I tried bringing it to a store for an exchange at Verizon but they can't give me a new one because I didn't buy it FROM them.. -__-

So I contacted Sony and they're looking at my sales Receipt and I'm gonna see if they can repair it for me. I really don't WANT to send my phone back to Wirefly because it has to be, as they say... in NEW condition, and will charge me an extra 50 bucks for COSMETIC damage! There is none, the phone is mint but they have given me tons of issues with getting this phone in the first place, so I'm not going through that again.

So someone please tell me what my issue might be... is my phone defective?

Thanks in Advance.

Advertisement

2. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Atlanta
    With the photo thing, that happens on my friends myTouch 4G, try Astro file manager and see if that fixes the problem. You should get a message when you click on the photo and it'll ask what to open the photo with, choose Astro. Now onto the Facebook contacts thing, Facebook blocked that in Android 2.3+ because it violated their terms of service (Lame I know...) Until Google and Facebook sort something out, you're just gonna have to use regular contacts :(

3. squall429

squall429 Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    That's weird because my girlfriend in Canada, with Android 2.3.3 was able to Sync her Facebook...

4. squall429

squall429 Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    EDIT: I can't save with Astro... I can only share. Also I assume the Gallery App is the messed up program, because that's what's used to save it...

5. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Hey there, have you tried a third party sms app like Handcent, which I prefer to the stock apps and is better at saving to your SD card imho.

The other question regarding FAcebook contacts, couple of things to check... 1st in your phone book tap on the three headed icon at top of screen and check what Display Contact accounts are ticked. On my Neo I have Facebook and Sony Ericsson FAcebook and they are both ticked. Also within the FAcebook app itself, on the main menu type page press Menu button then settings and scroll right to botom and tap on the sync contacts and either sync all or sync with existing contacts.

6. squall429

squall429 Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    Ok this is ******ed... NONE of that is even THERE on my options. I don't even have Sony Ericcson Facebook and can't even Sync in the options.

Also yes Handcent or any 3rd party does not work besides Kik but I want my original to still work because this is my first smartphone and lots of my friends use the default.

7. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Where are you from in the world? I wonder if it is a location issue?

If you go in to Menu>Settings>Accounts and Sync can you add account and select FAcebook there?

8. squall429

squall429 Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    Yes it's there but when I click it, it just goes back to the menu to Add Account. I'm in New York.

9. squall429

squall429 Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    One of the main reasons Sony said was because it's the lack of 2.3.3 for Verizon... -___- Does ANYONE KNOW how to update stuff? Are we ever getting 2.3.3 here in the US?!

10. redhillblood

redhillblood Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Quality tech/liaison
    GA
    The 2.3.3 has not been mentioned for the u.s. at this time. I would like fo see this update also but with us having vanilla android im not sure how it would work. The xperia inside facebook they have in other countries look pretty amazing. I hope they offer that to us soon along with adding zoom feature to camera

11. squall429

squall429 Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    Funny how Canada got this first, but we didn't. What kind of stupid shit did Verizon do now, to their asses hung?

12. Wirefly

Wirefly Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Please PM me your order number. I am happy to help you with this and get it taken care of.

13. squall429

squall429 Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    I called Sony and they said the phone is not defective, it's the fact that Verizon has different options in their Firmware. Apparently it's also because we don't have Android 2.3.3

14. Wirefly

None

Dec 9, 2009

If you have issues and want to exchange, or if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance, please let me know. I am happy to help. :)

15. squall429

squall429 Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    Do you do Advanced RMA's?

16. Wirefly

None

Dec 9, 2009
    PM me your order number and I can help you with getting the RMA and the exchange processed.

17. squall429

squall429 Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    Well I don't want to get it replaced. It's not needed but I was asking just in case, do you do Advanced RMA's where you send me the replacement first then I send you the defective phone (If it were) back in the box that I Got the new one in?

18. Wirefly

None

Dec 9, 2009
    Yes, we offer exchanges like that for our customers. Our customer service agents can easily assist you with our exchange programs, and answer any questions you have about our process. If you need help processing one, just PM me your order number and I will be happy to assist you in processing that exchange.