1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do I have a virus?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pineapple747b, Aug 1, 2013.

1. pineapple747b

pineapple747b Lurker

Hi,

This morning I connected my galaxy tab 10.1 tablet to wifi for the first time in 2 weeks; as usual it started doing loads of auto updating of apps. After a while, a screen popped up saying that I needed to log in with my google account.

I can't remember exactly what it said, but it gave the impression of being an initial set up step which seemed very odd. Nevertheless I dutifully input my password without questioning further. I have 2 factor authentication set up on my google account but there was no 2nd step, instead it said it would need 5 min to resynchrnoise (or harvest all my data?).

I left it alone for about half an hour but when I got back all the background processes eg skype and dropbox had crashed. When I clicked on kindle it said it was not installed, so I reinstalled it and now it just crashes on start up.

In fact all my apps now crash on start up except gmail and play store.

Should I be worried my data has been stolen by a virus or is this just a normal update gone wrong and I can try a factory reset to fix? I guess I'll have to do a factory reset either way. NB the device isn't rooted or anything like that.

Any opinions welcome! Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews