• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do I have Sense 2.1 or 3.0?

The one that came with the Stock EVO is NOT 3.0.

I'm not even sure if its 2.1

As long as you follow directions for flashing a ROM they should work fine. MikG2.5 and Mid3D are some of the more stable sense ROMS out there.

Are you sure your wiping DATA, CACHE, & Dalvik CACHE at least once (some do it 3times each) and then flashing superwipe before flashing your rom?

Upvote 0
Stock, I keep having to restore my nandroid backup b/c every time I flash a rom, (MikG or Mik3D beta for 3.0), it works great for a little while, then it starts force-closing everything. Just wanted to make sure that the stock version of sense actually IS 3.0

Did you try fixing your permissions and wiping cache, davlik-cache and date at least 3 times as well as flashing the super wipe zip like the other poster said this usually clears those FCs up. Also try flashing one of the synergy roms.

Upvote 0
Are you sure your wiping DATA, CACHE, & Dalvik CACHE at least once (some do it 3times each) and then flashing superwipe before flashing your rom?

Sure did, (once each), AND superwipe AND fixed permissions, I don't what it could be.

try flashing one of the synergy roms.

Should I flash a synergy rom then wipe and try flashing a Mik rom? Would that benefit me in any way?

Wish I knew what was up, I was really eager to get into the rom game, now I just want something, anything, stable!

Upvote 0
IMO, here are the steps that i would follow...
1. if you're not running Amon RA as your recovery, i would switch to it...
it can be found HERE. don't forget to rename it to PC36IMG and flash it via hboot.
2. i use VR Superwipe, found HERE.
3. i would recommend MikG 2.5, found HERE.
4. download the 2.51 (with kernel) and 2.52 patches also.
5. place 2, 3 and 4 on your sd card.
6. perform a nandroid with Amon RA.
7. wipe data, cache and dalvik-cache ( i wipe 3 times )
8. flash VR Superwipe ( i flash 3 times )
9. flash MikG 2.5
10. flash 2.51 patch
11. flash 2.52 patch
* i flashed the rom and the 2 patches in the same recovery without any issues
12. reboot

Reactions: lightandmind
Upvote 0
I flashed GoldenMonkey, thinking about switching to freedom. I don't think that I can use the stock kernel with the Wired Tether app that I'm trying to get working

don't forget to wipe cache and dalvik-cache before flashing a kernel as well...

EDIT - and do not flash your rom and kernel in the same recovery. first rom, reboot, then kernel...

Upvote 0
Weird, it doesn't say anything about htc sense, only kernal, baseband, browser, pri, prl versions and software number, what gives?

the stock rom may not say it.....it might just say android version along with the ones you said above....i dont ever remember seeing it on mine either...is there a particular reason you want to see it?? just wondering lol

Upvote 0
I flashed GoldenMonkey, thinking about switching to freedom. I don't think that I can use the stock kernel with the Wired Tether app that I'm trying to get working

I was having alot of FCs when I flashed Mik3d andthe golden monkey kernal also. Trying wiping everything once again and flash mikg or rls1 with the chopsuey kernal and see how that works. My phone never really took to the golden monkey kernal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones