• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do i need a external sd card for installing a new rom?

sure... CWM is good for backuping..
I think backup is going to be loaded on the internal storage... but u will put your ZIP file (costum rom) on the external SD card...
i dont think you can browse internal storage with CWM...

500.jpg

as you see on the picture, you will browse for your ZIP file on the external SD card...

Reactions: Cursed Chico
Upvote 0
actually i have just found out that you won't need EXTERNAL SD card.
I have installed new CWM on my phone and figured out that new version can browse internal storage too... that means that you don't have to by sd card... :)

ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?od4iym44ladqhng

But you have to check what version of CWM that rom you are trying to install needs...
Not every ROM works with every CWM (e.g if you have very old CWM and new ROM, it probably won't work)

Reactions: Cursed Chico
Upvote 0
mhmmm.. you are doing things here, that i never did before...
sorry, can't help you.. i might study the case tomorrow, i don't have time now, sorry.
I just never had that problem. I have a nice 8 GB ext SD card and it is great.. :)
no pertitions needed, i just put new ROM on sd card, backup my files and flash that ROM..

Upvote 0
mhmmm.. you are doing things here, that i never did before...
sorry, can't help you.. i might study the case tomorrow, i don't have time now, sorry.
I just never had that problem. I have a nice 8 GB ext SD card and it is great.. :)
no pertitions needed, i just put new ROM on sd card, backup my files and flash that ROM..

I see thanks :D Whatis your sd card and what class? Now i am roorted my phone. Now i have to backup sms then install a new rom or kernel?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones