• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Do i need a new battery?

vice86

Jan 17, 2011
PA/NJ/NYC
Seems like my battery dies so damn fast anymore on my Note. Woke up at 9AM this morning at 100%...about 3.5 hours later after some texting and video watching I was down to 17% by 12:30-1...wtf?

I have the HUGE battery that's listed on this same page but that one seems to be taking forever to actually charge up anymore. Could be like 30 mins later and only up a couple %.

video watching I was down to 17% by 12:30-1...wtf?

Some players consume more then others but the screen is a major juice hog so it's no surprise. I find that 1 min of video = 1% of battery give or take depending also on the player app. Some players are much more optimized to use less resources then others. As for charging it takes longer to go from 1% to 5% then it does 90% to 95%. I would fully drain and cycle the battery a couple times to give it a good workout.

Upvote 0
Seems like my battery dies so damn fast anymore on my Note. Woke up at 9AM this morning at 100%...about 3.5 hours later after some texting and video watching I was down to 17% by 12:30-1...wtf?

I have the HUGE battery that's listed on this same page but that one seems to be taking forever to actually charge up anymore. Could be like 30 mins later and only up a couple %.

I tried some of the 3060mAh batteries and they are junk. They were great for a couple months, then they just got worse and worse. I went back to the original Samsung battery and I am much happier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones