• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Do I need advance notice to App Review Team on every apk update?

zendamage

Lurker
Mar 27, 2017
Hello, first time poster here :)

I developed an android app, submitted to google play, and it got suspended "for impersonation" (I'm guessing because we're using the client's logo). We submitted a document from the client authorizing us to use their logo in the app. Google Play activated the app again.

We now want to release an update (which client needs asap), so we're not sure whether it'd be safe to just submit the new apk, or fill in their "Advance Notice to the Google Play App Review Team" form, where we'd submit the same document from the client as before.

Given that Google already has that document, and already approved our app, would that be necessary every single time we want to update our app? As they say it might take up to 2 days to get a reply from that form, and we need the app updated asap, do we have any options?

Have any of you gone through this before?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones