1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do I need and MHL adapter

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by derohanes, Dec 21, 2012.

1. derohanes

derohanes Newbie

I have an SIII and I'm trying to get it hooked up to my TV. Do I, or do I not need an MHL adapter? I'm not even sure what that is. What should I be looking for in the way of a cable to attach to the standard HDMI cable. I've seen things about 5-pin and 11-pin micro USB adapters, and I'm confused about what is actually required and what options I have. I'm sure this has been asked before, but could not find any threads that gave a simple recommendation. I would appreciate a link to such a thread if there is one.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

Well there are a couple of options for u here u could either get the all share cast which lets u send ure phone screen to tv via wifi direct which means no cables. If u want the cable u would need to buy a specific one for the s3 the earlier cable for s2 and other phones would not work. A link for the adapter below with amazon not sure its the best pricing but u can check.

Amazon.com: Adapter HDMI EPL 3FHU for Samsung Galaxy s3: Cell Phones & Accessories

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews