• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do I need and MHL adapter

derohanes

Jun 23, 2012
I have an SIII and I'm trying to get it hooked up to my TV. Do I, or do I not need an MHL adapter? I'm not even sure what that is. What should I be looking for in the way of a cable to attach to the standard HDMI cable. I've seen things about 5-pin and 11-pin micro USB adapters, and I'm confused about what is actually required and what options I have. I'm sure this has been asked before, but could not find any threads that gave a simple recommendation. I would appreciate a link to such a thread if there is one.

Well there are a couple of options for u here u could either get the all share cast which lets u send ure phone screen to tv via wifi direct which means no cables. If u want the cable u would need to buy a specific one for the s3 the earlier cable for s2 and other phones would not work. A link for the adapter below with amazon not sure its the best pricing but u can check.

Amazon.com: Adapter HDMI EPL 3FHU for Samsung Galaxy s3: Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones