• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do I need band 12?

Will I just get slower coverage or no coverage in rural areas with a lack of band 12?
Your speed on other 4G LTE Bands will be just as fast as Band 12.
What affects it most is your proximity to the towers,overall network congestion & whether or not you're being throttled.
I've got Band4 in my location & it's blazing fast where available,I've clocked 50 mbps at my work.
Band12 has better building penetration.

Exactly how far you can be,under the best of circumstances,I'm not sure,but,I did find this guesstimation on another site:
http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-far-can-a-tmobile-tower-reach.1699287/

Upvote 0
Will I just get slower coverage or no coverage in rural areas with a lack of band 12?

More people will eventually need band 12. T-Mobile is converting hspa+ coverage to LTE band 12.
So if your phone doesn't connect to bands 2 or 4...and your phone doesn't handle 12...you are Sol.

But that's the future...get your next phone with band 12 if you stay with Tmobile

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones