1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

do i need sync on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by evan938, Aug 5, 2010.

1. evan938

evan938 Newbie

on my power control, what exactly does the sync (2nd from right) do? is it one of those things that if im asking, i probably don't need to have it on? i tried to search but i came up with about 20 pages, and none of the titles seemed to address my question. i saw something about gmail, which i dont use, and some other things

i feel like i got in over my head going from a razr2 to this phone. lol.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. contagous

contagous Android Expert

That will sync your contacts and emails and push notification... Without it on those wont sync.

3. evan938

evan938 Newbie

Meaning what? My email is thru hotmail which i just open a browser to check (unless theres an easier way to do this im not aware of).

4. PearlRose

PearlRose Member

I think sync is a personal preference. For 8 hours a day, I rarely touch my phone as I am at work.

I have my sync turned off and opt to run manual sync's whenever I am checking updates on FB, Twitter, or Gmail (not a main email). I manually sync Gmail only after adding a new contact to my phone, which is like... never :p

My email is the only thing I have running auto sync which is about every hour and I've had no issues with it stopping. So I don't believe it's linked to that option in the power panel. Mine is off and I still get emails with the rest needing a manual update.

5. necosino

necosino Android Expert

At work I have sync off since I get email notifications through Chrome -> Gmail, and I talk to most of my friends through AIM/Yahoo (at work, lol)

As soon as I leave though I turn sync back on.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews