1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Do I need to calibrate the battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gloriousnumber1, Jan 3, 2012.

1. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Android Expert
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
    Photographer
    Portland, Oregon
    I have read some posts on this subject, but really I just want some help determining whether this is even a valid issue.

My OG Droid (rooted, running CM7) seems to be a bit funny as far as reporting the battery is concerned. It did this once and a while unrooted as well.

To put it simple, last night as usual I pull my battery and leave it out for a few minutes, then put it back in and plug it in when I go to bed, it's a habit of mine. It WAS at 80% before pulling, but the instant the phone booted up afterwards, it showed 100%. I feel 80-90% would have been accurate due to medium use for a couple hours or so.

I've even seen it go from 80 to 100 just plugging in WITHOUT rebooting.

Do I need to calibrate the battery somehow, with or without an app, or is this normal? It's not too common for me, but happens once and a while.

Advertisement

2. AndroidAdvntge

None

Dec 29, 2011
    My G2x does this off a reboot, no matter how dead my battery is, it shows 100%. It returns to normal after the SD card gets loaded and I get service. With this being said, does yous do that as well? If so, it's a root problem (if you're rooted, if not you need to calibrate).

Calibration wouldn't do anything bad and if you think it would help, go for it. Just do it correctly.